Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Does anyone know if cruises in November have no children or is it the same regardless of the month of the year? We sail Thanksgiving week on the Liberty.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Thanksgiving week will HAVE LOTS of kids. It is a school break period. Any time that school is out is going to have more kids than not. I have never seen a cruise on Carnival with NO kids, but I have also never sailed during a non school break period. I have noticed that even though there may be a lot of childern on the ship, it never seemed like it. But I'm also sure there are people with opposite experiences.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-13-2007, 12:41 AM

We take 2 granddaughters with us on cruises.
Where we live the kids go to year round school and their fall break is in Oct. There are always very few teens when we go. Some younger kids but not that many. In fact, this trip I am hoping for at least one or two teens as it will just be our one granddaughter. She will get awfully bored with just us.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C.:
Thanksgiving week will HAVE LOTS of kids. It is a school break period. Any time that school is out is going to have more kids than not. I have never seen a cruise on Carnival with NO kids, but I have also never sailed during a non school break period. I have noticed that even though there may be a lot of childern on the ship, it never seemed like it. But I'm also sure there are people with opposite experiences.
That's good to hear because we are taking ours and are hoping there will be other teens like on the cruise we took early August 06. Thanks Jim.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Banned

Yes, in fact, I have had Camp Carnival counselors tell me that their Thanksgiving Week exceeds a summer week in numbers!!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 AM
All of our cruises have been in Nov, Feb and one in April. There are never alot of children. On our family reunion cruise in Feb 05 all of our grandchildren said there were very few kids and teens. Our first cruise was the week before Thanksgiving. Again there were children but not that many that I saw. We were told by an employee that for the following week which was the Thanksgiving week there were 700 children booked on the cruise. We are going on another family reunion cruise the 4th of Nov and I do not expect there to be alot of children.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
alot, carnival, children, cruise, cruises, cruising, europe, feb, kids, lot, november, october, teenagers, thanksgiving, weekend