Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 PM

Bumping this in case some more people have booked this cruise.

There are some great private shore excursion/tour companies we've found, but of course the best pricing is if we can get 3 or 4 couples to share.

Anyone else interested in arranging prive shore excursions in Livorno, Naples, Athens, Rhodes, Katakolon....and maybe Istanbul & Ismir (if we can find private tours for there)...?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Well, we've finally decided that since our flight arrives in Rome fairly late on Saturday May 12th, that rather than transfer Airport to Rome for one night's stay and then transfer Rome to Port the next day, we have booked a room at a hotel near the port in Civitavecchia so we just have to arrange transfer from the Airport to Civitavecchia that night.

Anyone else arriving in Rome on the afternoon or evening of Saturday May 12th that is planning on staying the night in Civitavecchia? If so, and you are interested in sharing transfer Airport-to-Civitavecchia, email me at terri91049@yahoo.com
Old 01-27-2007, 02:50 AM

Hi Terry,
See you are going direct to Civitavecchia. hope to catch up with you on the ship.
have a good journey.
Peter
Old 01-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptur:
Hi Terry,
See you are going direct to Civitavecchia. hope to catch up with you on the ship.
have a good journey.
Peter
Are you guys getting as excited as my husband and I are?

We will have to arrange to meet on the ship!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 PM

Yes Terri we are getting very excited, still planning bits and pieces for the 4 nights we are in Rome. I think we have got that more or less sorted.
We will get together on the ship.
One thought though, what happens to you at the end of the cruise. We are booking Stephano to get us from the ship to the airport in time for our flight. Does it interest you to join us or have you something else planned.
Peter
Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 AM

Ok ya'll (I'm in the south), we have a group of 10 going on Freedom in Oct. We will be spending some days in Rome and are looking at apts. They are generally cheaper than hotel rooms. Anyway, would sure appreciate your impressions of the Freedom. When you get back could you post a review? Also what cabins you are in etc. Have a great time. I can't wait!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM

Hi All
We will be flying out of LA on 5/9 arriving Rome 5/10 staying at Best Western Piccadilly...then on to Civitavecchia on 5/13 for med cruise. I am considering using private transfer service to ship, but at this point I do not know how we are getting anywhere, especially to the ship. Maybe, if we can work it out, share a "ride" to port. I am not keen on dragging luggage to train ect. I have looked at the shore excursions listed by Carnival but that is as far as I have been. Would prefer private, but cost is steep. Maybe a bunch of us can get together and share cost.

Post on here or e-mail me: sandyh@pacbell.net
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptur:
Yes Terri we are getting very excited, still planning bits and pieces for the 4 nights we are in Rome. I think we have got that more or less sorted.
We will get together on the ship.
One thought though, what happens to you at the end of the cruise. We are booking Stephano to get us from the ship to the airport in time for our flight. Does it interest you to join us or have you something else planned.
Peter
After debarking on Friday the 25th, we have two nights in Rome before flying out on Sunday the 27th. You tacked on your extra days in Rome before the cruise, and we tacked on our extra days after the cruise!

So....we'll be looking for transport from Civitavecchia to Rome after debarking!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by papaflamingo:
Ok ya'll (I'm in the south), we have a group of 10 going on Freedom in Oct. We will be spending some days in Rome and are looking at apts. They are generally cheaper than hotel rooms. Anyway, would sure appreciate your impressions of the Freedom. When you get back could you post a review? Also what cabins you are in etc. Have a great time. I can't wait!
I plan on writing a review once we get back and I'm caught up at work.

Hubby and I don't know what cabin we're in, yet, as we booked an "Ocean View Guarantee"....We're keeping our fingers crossed for something nice!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandyhp:
Hi All
We will be flying out of LA on 5/9 arriving Rome 5/10 staying at Best Western Piccadilly...then on to Civitavecchia on 5/13 for med cruise. I am considering using private transfer service to ship, but at this point I do not know how we are getting anywhere, especially to the ship. Maybe, if we can work it out, share a "ride" to port. I am not keen on dragging luggage to train ect. I have looked at the shore excursions listed by Carnival but that is as far as I have been. Would prefer private, but cost is steep. Maybe a bunch of us can get together and share cost.

Post on here or e-mail me: sandyh@pacbell.net
I am going to email you, sandy...

But, as you can see by my posts, my husband and I seem to be the only people who don't really have extra time before the cruise -- just after! Too bad, too, because we will be flying out of LA, also! (We live in Ventura county)

Last night we decided to book our Izmir shore excursion through Carnival. Everything we've found so far in that area is actually more expensive outside of the ship tours. And none of the Izir ship excursions was particularly expensive -- I think the most expensive is $65/per person. That's what ours was -- we chose the "House of the Virgin Mary Ancient Ephesus" tour. From what I can tell, there isn't a lot to do in Izmir, unless you like historical sites (particularly with religious significance) or museums. Anyway, that was our decision. I'll tell you more in the email!

Terri

Closed Thread

Tags
513, carnival, companies, freedom, tour, zealand