Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 PM

Ptur:

I have emailed Stefano regarding transfers and his prices look very good!

We've found a group of 3 who are departing Rome on Sunday the 27th, their flight only an hour earlier than ours, so we will be sharing a transfer from Rome to the airport (our hotels are both near the Vatican).

But we're still hoping to find someone that is arriving at FCO (Rome) airport on May 12th in the late afternoon, that is staying at a hotel in Civitavecchia. I can't believe we're the only people with that sort of schedule! *L* Then we'd be able to split the cost of that transfer. Stefano's email indicated that I will need to give him the airline, flight, and arrival info and his driver will meet us right outside of Customs with a sign with our name on it -- that will make me feel better than trying to seek out the driver when we know no Italian!

Now, on Friday the 25th, after debarking, we are still looking for 2 or 3 people to share the port-to-Rome transfer. There is a group of 5 already that I know, and we thought the mini-bus could fit 7 with luggage, but then we were told that it will fit 7 people with one suitcase and one carry-on ONLY per person. Well, hubby and I have not managed to get by on that little luggage on any cruise yet, and we've never been on a 12-night cruise! *L* So, the group of 5 is going to stay on their own so they have enough room for their luggage, so now I'm looking for others interested in getting from the port to Rome....

Terri
Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Terri,

Your arrangements are similar to ours. Arriving Rome 12 May and Leaving Rome 27 May. We are staying at the Sunbay Hotel in Civitavecchia before the cruise and have no reservations in Rome yet after the cruise. There are six of us however.

I will be interested in how much your transfer was to Civitavecchia and Port to Rome after the cruise, if you would be willing to share details.

Kath
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mousewalker:
Terri,

Your arrangements are similar to ours. Arriving Rome 12 May and Leaving Rome 27 May. We are staying at the Sunbay Hotel in Civitavecchia before the cruise and have no reservations in Rome yet after the cruise. There are six of us however.
Wow...you had me all excited thinking I'd found another couple or two to share the airport transfer! *LOL*

Quote:
I will be interested in how much your transfer was to Civitavecchia and Port to Rome after the cruise, if you would be willing to share details.

Kath
I have booked with Stefano at Rome Cabs. Here's their website:
http://www.romecabs.com/

For the Airport-to-Civitavecchia transfer, he has quoted us 120 Euros for the two of us...145 Euros for 4 passengers. I don't know what it will be for your 6 passengers. I am pretty sure 6 is his limit, figuring ONE suitcase and ONE carry-on per passenger only.

The quote is the same for the port-to-Rome transfer: 120 Euros for two passengers, and 145 Euros for 4 passengers. Same luggage limit.

He has just requested confirmation of our booking, no deposit. Payment is in cash Euros direct to the driver at the end of each journey.

He's gotten good reviews on different cruising message boards.

Edited to add: If you think your party of 6 won't all be able to fit with your luggage in one vehicle, we could think about splitting into two groups....just a thought!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:11 PM

quote:
-----------------------------------------------

Kath
-----------------------------------------------
At this moment we booked Stefano to pick us up from the ship and take us back to rome on the 25th. There is only the two of us if you want to share.
Peter
Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptur:

At this moment we booked Stefano to pick us up from the ship and take us back to rome on the 25th. There is only the two of us if you want to share.
Peter
What sort of price did you get from Stefano, Ptur?

Too bad we have BOTH booked and confirmed with him, or else we could have shared the port-to-Rome transfer!

I have a feeling that the closer we get to sailing (or even on the cruise itself) we will not have any trouble finding people that want to share a port-to-Rome transfer!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Hi Terri,
My aplogise, I thought from a previous post of yours that you had already arranged to get back to Rome with some other people. That's why I didn't contact you.
I only booked Stafano for the port to Rome trip last week at a cost of 120 euros.
If you come across anyone else wanting to share please let me know. Mind you we will not be in a hurry to leave the ship as we are going to the airport and the plane doesn't leave till 6pm.
Cheers
Peter
Old 02-13-2007, 08:17 PM

Hi Terri,
My aplogise, I thought from a previous post of yours that you had already arranged to get back to Rome with some other people. That's why I didn't contact you.
I only booked Stafano for the port to Rome trip last week at a cost of 120 euros.
If you come across anyone else wanting to share please let me know. Mind you we will not be in a hurry to leave the ship as we are going to the airport and the plane doesn't leave till 6pm.
C
Old 02-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptur:
Hi Terri,
Cheers
Peter
No....it is the Rome-to-Airport that we have arrangements with some others to share (3 people -- I think 5 should be just about right, what with all the luggage).

Airport-to-port and port-to-Rome we have booked, but room for 2 or 3 more people to share.

Maybe some more fellow cruisers will happen upon this thread, yet!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Just a shout out to any fellow Freedom cruisers who happen on this thread!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Ptur,

I was wondering if you still need someone to share a ride back to the airport on the 25 May. Our flight does not leave 5 PM on the 25 May.

Closed Thread

Tags
513, carnival, companies, freedom, tour, zealand