Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 AM

we plan on sailing on Valor in a balcony stateroom. How exactly does the sofa turn into a bed? Does it fold out with a mattress or are the back cushions just removed to make a single bed? How comfortable is the third bed?
Also..... Does the room steward turn it back into a sofa during the day???
thanks for any help..
Old 04-07-2008, 09:04 AM

Greetings!

We have been in several cabins (from oceanview to Cat 12) and used the sofa as a bed and each and every time it was just a comfortable as the beds (okay, not exactly but oh so close). Your steward will change it back in the morning for use as a sofa during the day.

I just returned yesterday from the Sensation and I slept on the sofa (folded out as a twin) and in March on the Imagination, my husband and I slept on a double convertible that was great.

I don't think these cases are ship specific, if the older ships are comfy, then I'm sure the newer ones are. We have been known to argue over who gets the sofa bed because of its coziness in the corner!

Hope you have a great time!

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Thanks Mary,
I have an opportunity to share a stateroom with others rather than pay the single supplement for myself. I don't know if my comfort would be worth the savings. We would all benefit from sharing but I don't want to the uncomfortable one.... the other two would get the bed.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Hi SandyToes, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I think you'll be fine. Our sofas have been just as comfy as the beds. With the money you'll save, you can go on more excursions, shop till you drop, or book another cruise! Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:40 PM

well the pull out beds are very comfortable. The back of the couch slides down so and its a little bitter then a twin bed, The steward puts them up for you when you have woken up for the day and left and he will gladly put them down for you at night when they do the night time cleaning.
have fun on your cruise!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 AM

Hi SandyToes (what a cool name), Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Heck, If I was paying the 3rd person rate vs. a single extra rate, I might be happy with a cot.

Just kidding a bit. Seriously, I have heard that the pull-outs are pretty comfy too, especially with the new sleep system.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, beds, carnival, comfy, couches, cruise, drop, glory, main, make, pull, pullout, ship, ships, sofa