Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Soda and Water (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/1760-soda-water.html)

Van Beach 09-20-2010 06:32 AM

I am sure this has been addressed somewhere on here but I cannot find it. When you come back on the ship from a port, can you bring bottled water and pop on the ship with you? And does anyone know what a can of pop or bottle of water costs? Thanks.

Bub 09-20-2010 02:35 PM

We have never had a problem bringing water or pop onboard. Maybe things have changed, I don't know.

B

Dwayne 09-20-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

And does anyone know what a can of pop or bottle of water costs? Thanks.
Soda $1.95
Spring Water 0.5 liters $1.95
Spring Water 1.5 liters $3.95
*Plus 15% Gratuity.

As far as I know you can still bring pop and water on board while in port. I think they have limited the soda to a 12 pack per person at embarkation.

tim c 09-21-2010 10:26 AM

As far as i remember yes you can.. We did on our last cruise.. The only thing you have to check in is alchol..

Van Beach 09-21-2010 01:41 PM

Thank you for your responses!

Dwayne 09-23-2010 10:33 PM

I am faced with a water dilemma myself now. I usually take a 12 pack of shrink wrapped spring water bottles and check them. Carnival now says I have to carry them on board. I'm thinking of just opening the case and showing them when I check the luggage what they are and see what they say. Hey, that is a lot to lug on board. If they say no, that is fine and I'll lug them on.

I have to have my spring water because the ship's water doesn't agree with me for some reason. Others say it is fine with them. I drink a lot of water and try to limit it to tea and ice on board.

Van Beach 09-24-2010 06:44 AM

Dwayne - do you ever buy bottled water or bottles of pop at port and bring it on the ship? I know you can bring it with you at the beginning. But if you can buy a couple bottles after an excursion and bring it back on the ship, it seems a little easier. Thanks.

Cruise Fanatic 09-24-2010 07:49 AM

Van Beach, You won't have a problem bringing on a reasonable amount from port. You shouldn't have a problem with a six pack. You will have to put it through the xray machine. They are looking for alcohol and will take that from you. Soda and water won't be a problem. Do keep in mind the ship depends on their onboard sales to make up for the discounted low cruise prices they offer. It stands to reason why they limit what people bring on.

Dwayne 09-24-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Dwayne - do you ever buy bottled water or bottles of pop at port and bring it on the ship? I know you can bring it with you at the beginning. But if you can buy a couple bottles after an excursion and bring it back on the ship, it seems a little easier. Thanks.
Sometimes I do if I'm running low. I usually take the 12 pack and a gallon jug which I carry on. It would be probably easier since I usually am on the ship by 11:30 and the cabins sometimes are not ready until 1:30.