Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Banned

Anyone been on her? whats it like?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned

Real cool!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Yes, in May of 2006. Nice ship... not too big or too small. Lot's to do and the food was good.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:01 PM

As luck would have it, my husband and I just this Thursday returned from a 5-day Imagination cruise.

As our first, we had nothing to compare it to, but what we saw, we liked very much!

Clean, Clean, Clean. If we left our room, even for an hour, it seemed we had clean towels again when we returned. Loved the turn-down service and the towel creatures. Corny, I know..but it was a nice way to end each day.

We liked the size of the ship--plenty big enough to find a quiet place if you wanted one...and we had LOTS of spring-breakers onboard. They made some of the activities more fun, some a little less fun. But still no complaints. You couldn't get NEAR the main pool, but the one on the Verandah deck was usually available.

Loved the service until the last afternoon and evening. Suddenly there were no "floating" waiters around. It went from being asked if you wanted a drink every ten minutes to having to seek out a waiter or bar to get one. Still, we were relaxed, it was warm (we're from the NE) and if you have to walk a few steps for your next cocktail, who cares?

Breakfast was good--tried the dining room, but only once. Seemed to be too much "to do" for what you ended up getting. More fun to grab the buffet and chow down.

Lunch--with later breakfast, we didn't get many lunches and usually just grabbed from the dessert bar to hold off hunger pangs until dinner. I did have some really good blackened fish one day, and if you're a squid salad fan, you're gonna get lucky. I don't think you often see squid on a salad bar, but then again, we're from the great white north.

Dinners....well, I had beef a couple of times and it was a little chewy both times, but very flavorful. I can't imagine cooking beef for that many people at the same time. Portions were fairly small, but that wasn't a problem either--we usually ate a later lunch/snack and had the early dinner, so it was usually just right. GET THE CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE. I can't stress that enough.

We're not smokers and there were still plenty of places to hang out--preferred the Dream Bar and sat in the window seats a lot.

I'm out of steam for now, still recovering and trying to shake of the chill of home. If you have any questions, post them and I'll answer them asap.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:58 PM

That is great information, we are set to go on 4/14/07
Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Raffles: you talkin' to yourself?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Looks like his thread got 'jacked.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

What are you guys talking about?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
You seem to have a pattern of dropping a really general post, getting annoyed when you don't get an answer right away, and taking off--leaving others to take up your thread; than reappearing wondering wha' happen.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Just makin' a joke, raffles. The way the posts fell, it looks like you answered your own question. Based upon the time of the posts, clearly that's not the case. It just struck me as a humorous happenstance.

Closed Thread