Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 03:49 PM

OK. information overload. If read these posts for 8 months now and you'd think I'd remember. but not! Is alcohol allowed in your cabin? meaning if you buy a bottle of rum on the boat is it allowed in your cabin? I know you cant carry it on and I know if you buy it in a port of call they will confiscate it until the end of the cruise. but what if you buy it on the ship during the cruise can you enjoy it in your cabin?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator

You cannot buy bottles of booze on the ship which can be taken with you from the shop. Booze you buy aboard the ship is held until the last day, when it is delivered. So to answer your question - no.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

When we went to Alaska in '05, with RCI, we were able to purchase bottles of rum on board, at an inflated price and take them back to our cabin. I didn't pay that close attention to alcohol purchases on board the Explorer in April, so I can't say if their policy has changed. Did Carnival ever inflate prices for bottles purchased for consumption on board?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

RCI no longer allows it, at least for U.S. cruises.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dhornick:
OK. information overload. If read these posts for 8 months now and you'd think I'd remember. but not! Is alcohol allowed in your cabin? meaning if you buy a bottle of rum on the boat is it allowed in your cabin? I know you cant carry it on and I know if you buy it in a port of call they will confiscate it until the end of the cruise. but what if you buy it on the ship during the cruise can you enjoy it in your cabin?
Did you ever get your air re-arranged? You are flying out of MCI to (can't remember, MIA?) You must be about full of giddiness!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
quote:
Originally posted by dhornick:
Did you ever get your air re-arranged? You are flying out of MCI to (can't remember, MIA?) You must be about full of giddiness!

Yes to re-arranged.
Yes to flying out of MCI
Double Yes to giddiness.
Plane leaves MCI at 730pm tomorrow night which means you know we'll not get much sleep tonight.... :-)
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 AM

RCCL alcohol policies are rather strict. I am not complaining about that as it prevents easier access to alcohol from minors. I said easier because they will find a way to get it anyways. You can't buy it and take it to your stateroom, and when you re-embark the ship at any port, there will be someone there politely collecting booze to be returned to you later. Many people put vodka in water bottles and have been quite successful. I just find that a little too much trouble and prefer to go sit at the bar and enjoy conversation.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 AM

You can order direct from Carnival prior to departure and it will in your cabin when you arrive on board. Wife and I ordered 2 bottles of rum (1 litre) and some coke. It was waiting for us when we got to cabin. Cost $30 each but is still cheaper than buying drinks on board. And, it is done within the rules - no smuggling.

Since we also drink beer and wine we managed to maintain our bar tab at levels very acceptable to Carnival

Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 AM

It's seems as though Carnival is a little inconsistent with their on-board liquor policy. Different ships have different interpretations of relevant guidelines.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

I agree it is differant on each ship. We sailed on the Paradise and were not allowed to take it to the room.The last few trips we were on the Legand and were able to take it to our room. It just depends on the ship!

Closed Thread

Tags
alchohol, alcholol, alcohol, bottles, buy, cabin, caribbean, carnival, cruise, order, purchase, room, royal, ship, stateroom