Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   captains dinner (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/17747-captains-dinner.html)

shondie 06-11-2007 08:17 PM

what exactly goes on here. on the 3 night fascination cruise what day is it. what about
wine do they offer in the dinning room with the meal.how do we know where we sit. we preferred
a table for two because it's our anniversary do
you think we would getit.

Larry in Miami 06-11-2007 08:42 PM

The formal night onFascination is the first night in Nassau.

as for seating at dinner the seats are pre-assigned and remain the same for the cruise. If you want special seats (table for two) go to your dining room as soon as you board and make your request.

There are tabels for two on Fascination.

Enjoy the cruise, Fascination is a nice ship!

penny3333 06-12-2007 06:28 AM

You can purchase drinks (wine) by the glass or purchase a bottle. If you purchase a bottle, they will recap what you don't consume and serve it to you the next evening. Have a wonderful cruise!

PA Steve Rocky Mount 06-12-2007 09:35 AM

They certainly have a Captain's cocktail party which is nice...free drinks and hors doerves. But I never heard of a Captain's dinner, except that they mention the captain's name on the menu. It's the standard formal night fare.

goin' cruisin' 06-12-2007 10:29 AM

Generally, you buy your way into the Captain's dinner...through years and years of return patronage.

Chef Ken 06-12-2007 11:33 AM

You know, I've had no desire to have dinner with the captain. I don't care if it is a perk, it has no distinction from dinner with table mates for me.

Dave 06-12-2007 11:42 AM

I'm with Ken...I''ve never had an invitation to the Captain's table and I really don't care if I ever get one. To me it would be one of those awkward events where you can't wait for it to be over. I'd prefer to be left alone, although I am not sure what I'll do if I ever do get invited. I'd hate to be rude.

The highest level person we've ever sat with was Pam Petcash when she was the CD on the Norway. She was assigned to our table. Everyone at our table was in a suite, but I am not sure if that was a factor or if it was just something Pam liked to do. She only showed up a couple times and then only to chat for a little while, and bolt down a salad and maybe an appetizer before she had to leave for some show or other event. But she was fun and our waiters took REALLY good care of us on every night. And when she was at the table they would show up with free wine for everyone.

goin' cruisin' 06-12-2007 11:45 AM

I will say, the evening of the Captain's Gala on the Radiance in July '05, wherein my elderly folks wanted, like many others, to have their picture taken with the cap'n, our cap'n (Borland) was a less than enthusiastic chap during the picture taking. I understand having to do that once a week with a bunch of giddy yokels could make you less than enthusiastic, but to appear bored (and the picture proves it) is less than professional.

I could only imagine how bored they must be at dinner when having to listen to people's stories about back home on the ranch or homestead, or the same questions week after week after week. Wow, the more I write here, the more empathy I have for the Cap'n.

Chef Ken 06-12-2007 12:18 PM

"Hey captain, if you're here, whose driving the ship?" or "Do you live on the ship?" and they really like it when you call them "Cappy".

Andrealovescruising 06-12-2007 12:53 PM

Ken, If "cappy" is a hit, how do you think they react to "skipper"?