Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM

I'm wondering if it is worth it to take the baby stroller for our 20 month old? My Carnival rep told me that they rent really cheap ones but if any little thing happens to it they charge you a big price for it. Will this be something we will use on the ship?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Hi Kellymo. Welcome. We didn't rent from Carnival. We always brought our own. It also came in handy at the airports and ports. I found it very useful on the decks of the ship. The ship is quite big and you will get a lot of use out of it. If your child feels more comfortable in his/her own stroller, and, if it isn't too much of a hassle, I would certainly bring it. You might consider a canopy (umbrella strollers usually have one) to shield your child from the sun. Boy, I forgot those days of lugging everything but the kitchen sink. I kind of miss it! A'ndrea
Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellymo:
I'm wondering if it is worth it to take the baby stroller for our 20 month old? My Carnival rep told me that they rent really cheap ones but if any little thing happens to it they charge you a big price for it. Will this be something we will use on the ship?
I would invest in the cheapest/most lightweight umbrella stroller I could find. If you have what most people have which is a "baby transportation system", it will be cumbersome and difficult to navigator throughout the ship. A small umbrella stroller will suit you just find and not be a major lost if it is damaged or lost

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator

I am adding my vote for brining along your own stroller. We used a lightweight umbrella stroller on cruises when our son was young -- and it got a lot of use both on and off the ship.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Banned

Umbrella strollers are also a lot easier to get on and off the ship if tendering. I vote for bringing one of those!

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, carnival, carriage, cruise, cruises, hawaii, kind, rented, reviews, rules, ship, ships, stroller, strollers, supplies