Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Texas Cruise Jam (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/17910-texas-cruise-jam.html)

annies 09-14-2006 03:29 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is booked on this cruise.....on the Ecstasy, leaving Galveston, November 27??? Also, has anyone been on the Ecstasy?? The reviews are really mixed on this ship. Thanks!!

Cruise Fanatic 09-14-2006 04:25 PM

I would take all reviews you read with a grain of salt. Then believe only about 1/2 of what you read. What one person experiences on a cruise is only relevant to that cruise and to what their expectations are. Some people will complain about the least little thing. The Ecstasy is one of eight ships built by Carnival in the 90's. Called the Fantasy class. I have been on the Ecstasy, and all the other Fantasy class ships. I like them because they are the perfect size. Not to little, not too big. I find them easy to find your way around. The Ecstasy came out in 1998. It was last refurbished this March after the FEMA charter.

Breidy 09-14-2006 05:33 PM

Annies, you be going out as we're coming in. I, too, love the Fantasy Class ships. I've sailed the Ecstasy, Elation and Fantasy. I love the Ecstasy. We sailed her on her last cruise before she went to N.O. w/FEMA. Can't wait to see her restoration. Your cruise will be what you make of it. I've yet to have a bad one and this one will be my 9th.

Jim C. 09-14-2006 06:41 PM

Been on the Fantasy.. and what the other had said is true.. Perfect size. And with the Ecstasy having been recently refurbished the ship itself should be great.

Don't listen to the critics, go and enjoy yourself.. if you go looking for every little negative thing, you will find some and then ruin your cruise.

Dwayne 09-14-2006 08:15 PM

I want to join Cruise Fanatic and Jim C in agreeing I like this class of ships too. Easy to get around, not too big not too small. I have been on 4 of them, and booked on my 5th http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

BJC123 09-14-2006 10:15 PM

Ecstacy was our first cruise. We are going the 28th at a terrific price. This will be our 5th cruise and we have our 6th already booked for Feb. Taking all the kids and it will be on the Ecstacy. Close friend just came back from cruising same cruise last week. She thoroughly enjoyed it and said the ship looked great. Her photos sure indicated a big change from we 1st cruised on her ... I can't wait ...

annies 09-15-2006 04:00 AM

Thanks all of you for your responses!! This will be our second cruise. We took another Carnival cruise 3 years ago, on the Celebration. It was absolutely fantastic! I agree with you though, I do believe some people just can't be pleased no matter how good the food is, or how good the service is! I've noticed some complaints about the Ecstasy has to do with the decor.....well, I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not going to let the color of a wall, ruin a cruise for me! We are really looking forward to it....and the country stars that will entertain us...but especially the beautiful blue water.....!!!

Tracy1969 09-15-2006 06:28 AM

Hi Again Folks,

What is the difference between the different classes of Carnival Ships? We sail on the Victory. Anyone ever been on that one? Any information to share? Also, anyone have clothing packing tips to share? I was going to bring a dress that is quite fancy yet its to the knee, platinum satin and sparkly on top..... I've seen some posts that say a nice summer dress will suffice on the formal nights, and that people have brought a shirt and tie yet when they got to the formal night there was men in blue jeans. Is this true?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...91d6/event.png

SheriNtexas 09-15-2006 06:59 AM

I am taking my first cruise on the Ecstasy, but we are going October 30th! What IS the Texas Cruise Jam? The Halloween cruise is supposed to be so much fun! Everyone will be wearing costumes and they are supposed to have all kinds of contests! Have fun!

Jim C. 09-15-2006 07:16 AM

The Victory is a bigger ship. The Conquest class is the biggest.

I have sailed on each class now.. The Celebration (which is the oldest "class" sailing currently in CCL's US fleet. The Fantasy (which is the Ecstasy's class) a Spirit class (Pride and Miracle(?)). You can go to CCL's website and run through the different ships. Its too hard to list all the differences, but there is a difference between the Spirit class ship layout and the Victory/Conquest layouts. Many to allow there to be more Oceanview/Balcony cabins for the Spirit class ship.

The reason we say the Fantasy class is a prefect size is that the Larger classes (Victory adn Conquest) carry a larger number of passengers which means longer lines for tendering and buffets. I felt that the Victory always seemed to have huge lines at the buffets, but the Conquest (which is bigger) had added additional buffet lines which fixed the line problem.

We also had problems tendering on the Victory, but that may have been more due to Hurricane re-routing causing 7 large cruise ships all showing up in Grand Caymen on the same day. This made the GC supplied tenders well over burdened, so it took forever to get off and on the ship. We returned to GC on the Conquest which is even larger on a "normal" day and did have any problem at all.

If you go on multpile cruises, and try the different ship sizes, you'll "hit your sweet spot" on what you like. The Fantasy was our first cruise, so we are partial to that size ship. (They just seem to be running the shorter cruises and therefore we have not sailed on them since.)