Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 07:13 AM

We are first time cruisers, and looking foward our trip. Can anybody tell me what are the best things to do in Cozumel and Calica? We are taking a lot of shorts for the ship, and just a suite for the formal night, do you have
to dress up for the other nights?
Is it true that this ship is horrible and that it vibrates and shakes a lot?

Well anything you can tell us will help a lot.

Also they booked us on a Guarantee, is this good or is it better to pay for a specific room?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:13 AM

We are first time cruisers, and looking foward our trip. Can anybody tell me what are the best things to do in Cozumel and Calica? We are taking a lot of shorts for the ship, and just a suite for the formal night, do you have
to dress up for the other nights?
Is it true that this ship is horrible and that it vibrates and shakes a lot?

Well anything you can tell us will help a lot.

Also they booked us on a Guarantee, is this good or is it better to pay for a specific room?
Old 02-05-2004, 03:17 PM

hi I was on the Celebration in 2001 and we had a great time we had a guarenteed room also and we were upped two catagories, some feel a guarentee, is the way to go others don't. i am sure you will be happy with what you get, as far as vibration all ships do have some vibration mostly on the rear of ship and you really don"t notice it to much once you are used to it, we have always stayed more to the center of the ship, we have been to cozumel 3 times we spent one week there at an inclusive resort and did 2 cruises we spent our day at Playa Del Sol swimming and sunning and got massages on beach for 20.00 for 25 minutes (heaven) when you get to Cozumel there is a billboard outside the shopping mall (at Taxie Stand) with all the tours available and the prices cheaper then the ship offers, there is also a water taxie that can take you to cancun if you want to venture there, again it depends on how long your port stay is we arrived at 9:00am and our ship left at 5 pm so we had the whole day to spend at playa there is also little shops at Playa del sol so you can also shop there, just as cheap as downtown the mall at port is a little expensive because It is brand new and I am sure the rents are very high so they have to charge a bit more for thier merchandise if you dicide to shop in town there is a townsquare area that is off the main street which is also very inexpensive to shop, lots of stores and cubby holes to shop in, Enjoy your Cruise and if you see a officer by the name of Carmelo or Mac tell them mommy and Sherry in NJ said HI ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:22 PM

We took this same cruise last month. It was our first cruise and had a great time. What a great deal for the price. The ship staff suggested that we show in Cozumel and we did. I wish that we had snorkeled there and enjoyed the beaches. We rented a car late in the day and found a place called Paradise Beach. When we go back we intend to go there for the day. It truely was paradise. We spent the day on the beach in Palaya del Carmen. It was wonderful. Our older children did a tour with the kiyaking and snorkeling in the Calic port and had a great time. You really want to decide what you want to do before you get to shore as the time goes faster than you want it to. We had lunch in Cozumel ($80.00 for 5 people). It wasn't great and we could have gone back to the ship. Lesson learned. The ship staff was excellent. Our wait staff was excellent and in general our cruise was awsome. Wish we were sailing with you! Have a great time.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:04 AM

We were on the Celebration in December. We had a great time. The ship is in fabulous condition and the crew is top-notch! The weather wasn't the greatest, but that didn't ruin it for us at all. While in Cozumel, it was windy and rainy. Instead of the beach, we took a carriage ride around the town, did some shopping and ate at Panchos Backyard...very good food! In Calica..took a cad ride into Playa del Carmen. Went to the free public beach and just took in some rays. The weather was wonderful on this day....sunshine and 80 degrees.

The food and entertainment were great! We ate in the Horizon Dining room and were treated like royalty. Bozi and Vinite were our wait staff..great team!

Our cabin was on Riveria deck. Edwin and his staff did an awesome job and were always at our beckon call...not that we were in need of anything, but when we did he was very prompt. Had towel animals everynight too!

I know your going to have a great time! If I can answer any questions for you, just let me know! Have a great cruise!

~gina~

Celebration 12/03
Old 02-07-2004, 10:56 AM

thank you so much for your info... I am sure we will enjoy it....

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, timers