Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 10:46 AM

Has anyone ever stayed on the Main Deck on Victory or on the second passenger deck of any of Carnival's ships? What can you tell me about it?
Thanks,
Kate
Old 07-27-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Has anyone ever stayed on the Main Deck on Victory or on the second passenger deck of any of Carnival's ships? What can you tell me about it?
If I remember correctly, we stayed on that deck in 1994 on one of the older ships (Tropicale, maybe?), and had an oceanview. The three things that I remember are these:

1) We were what seemed like MILES away from everything. . .pool. . . dining room. . . .shops. . .etc.

2) The window was big, but the cabin itself was small. Keep in mind, though, this was 12 years ago on a small ship. I felt closed-in.

3) We were in pretty rough waters the last day of the cruise, but I didn't feel the movement any more in the cabin than I did anywhere else on the ship. Actually, I remember wanting to go back to the cabin a few times simply because it wasn't too bad in there. Of course, as I stated before, we were on a much smaller ship at that time.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 07-27-2006, 02:39 PM

Thanks for your info. I am still looking for anyone who has been on a more recent and larger ship.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

We stayed on Main Deck of Carnival Victory earlier this month -- cabin 2281 to be exact. We felt this an excellent location. Our cabin was close to the midship (glass) elevators -- Deck 2 is actually the lowest deck the glass-enclosed elevators service. The forward and aft elevators were also available on this deck. It was also very convenient to be one deck below the dining rooms, outdoor promenade, and Lobby Bar.

The cabin itself was fairly large. We had two lower beds, pushed together, and there was also a sofa that became a single bed at night without using up any additional floor space. (Note that this was a designated triple -- but even if you do not have a sofabed, you will at least have a sofa in the sitting area.) There was ample storage space -- so much that the three of us didn't even use it all. The bathroom was typical cruise-ship-sized, but amenities like a curved shower rod made it more comfortable.

The cabin was pretty quiet, as we were one deck above other cabins and one deck below the purser's area. We did hear people talking in the hallways, but that would most likely be the case on any deck.

If I may answer anything else, please let me know.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:58 AM

I think you helped a lot. We are staying just down the hall from you. We have stayed on a lower deck on RCCL but wanted to know about he Carnival experience. I thought the location seemed good myself.
Thanks,
Kate
Old 07-28-2006, 01:03 PM

I agree with Lisa. Deck 2 is very convienent. You can take one flight of stairs up and get to the dinning room in the aft of Victory or the main theater floor from the Bow stairs. I don't think there are any cabins on the Promenade deck (deck 5) so you would have to take the elevators from any other deck anyway.

The other advantage is that you can walk from bow to aft on deck 2.. the only other decks you can do this on are 5 and 9 (Pool deck) The lower the deck the less sea motion you will feel to. You'll have fun!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-01-2006, 07:07 AM
I had an inside Cabin - 2260 on the Carnival Glory Last Year. The Glory is a Conquest Class Ship, which is a streached version of the Destiny class which includes the Victory.
(Think of an airbus A320 vs and A321)

My room was quite convenient, I was one flight of stairs down and around the corner from the Main Atrium
Elivators, It was also a short walk from the Restaurants

The room was very quiet and comformtable.

Closed Thread

Tags
6b, aft, cabins, carnival, conquest, cruise, deck, line, location, main, review, rooms, ship, victory, vs