Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 PM

My family and I are planning a cruise on the Triumph for March 2009. My husband and I have already been on a cruise - Carnival Valor and now we are planning a cruise with our two children (8 & 9)...So now my question..we loved the Valor, it was so new and clean. So now I am worried about the Triumph because it is older...when was it last refrubished..and did it have any new features added..THanks
Old 04-07-2008, 06:36 PM

According to my information the Carnival Triumph was last refurbished in 2005. The Carnival Valor came out in 2004 and hasn't been refurbished. So the Triumph should be doing well.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:37 AM

Just some updated info., and not meant to be contradictory.

The information that I have is that the Triumph will go to Dry Dock on 09/21/08 through 10/04/08. So it should be looking great. I don't know the details, or if it will get the Seaside Theater. I have a hunch it might.

The Valor completed an extensive Dry Dock this past February and they added the Seaside Theater.

Dwayne
Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Just some updated info., and not meant to be contradictory.

The information that I have is that the Triumph will go to Dry Dock on 09/21/08 through 10/04/08. So it should be looking great. I don't know the details, or if it will get the Seaside Theater. I have a hunch it might.

The Valor completed an extensive Dry Dock this past February and they added the Seaside Theater.

Dwayne
Yes the Triumph is going to dry dock. My daughter and possible future son-in-law have taken their next contract on it. He will be helping with the stage set up for a brand new show (he is a senior tech)and she will be in vegas creating the show and then meeting at dry dock to fit it to the stage. While neither have said anything about a new stage set up, it sure does sound like that is part of the deal. The Triumph should look beautiful when you go in March. We plan a Feb 2009 cruise on her and as usual can't wait to board.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM

OK... now I am a little concerned. I am cruising Triumph on 8/31/08 to 9/7/08. How bad is it now if it will be refirbished less than a month later. HELP!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Don't worry about it. The Triumph will not be a rotting hulk for your cruise and you'll have a fine cruise. At most, there may be some stained carpets here and there and some faded curtains. Perhaps some scratches and slightly worn upholstery in the furnishings. Other than that, everything will work and the food and service will be fine.

Enjoy your cruise, and welcome to cruise-chat!
Old 04-13-2008, 02:45 AM

Yes, don't worry about it as Dave said. The ships are maintained in good condition and kept clean. It is just that some upgrades and replacements can't be done during back to back sailings is all. I have cruised on ships and didn't even know they were headed to Dry Dock the next week, and everything looked great to me.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 04-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jppatrick:
OK... now I am a little concerned. I am cruising Triumph on 8/31/08 to 9/7/08. How bad is it now if it will be refirbished less than a month later. HELP!!!
I must reinforce Dave and Dwayne. All ships do a dry dock on a regular schedule. This is like taking your car in for a regularly scheduled tune up. My daughter went thorugh a dry dock once and said visablly there was little difference. Some systems were upgraded but mostly invisable even to her. I think she expected new dance costumes and refurished back stage but it didn't happen, they get fixed and replaced during cruises. This is simply a routine thing that happens. Enjoy your cruise, you may even find genuine specials in the shop stores, They always have a "sale" at the end of a cruise but you could get a real sale. Watch for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, carival, carnival, dock, dry, drydock, forum, plans, refurbish, refurbished, repairs, reviews, triumph, trumph, valor