Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks IslandCruz!

Snoop- Yes, I am pretty sure they had the activities by the pool and I am not sure about the Millionaire game. I guess I am just kinda shy, but the pool area was so small, if you were in the pool it was all eyes on you, and everyone was drinking and partying.. just not my scene, so I didn't participate in any of the games. The Newlywed game was hilarious. I definitely recommend it!

I didn't see any of the other comedy clubs. Those were all at night and being the duds that we are we were more interested in sleeping (our first time away from our 1 yr old, sleep has become quite the hot commodity!!).

We also saw one of the shows- it was a review of broadway tunes. It was okay. I hope this doesn't sound too snobbish, but I've been exposed to top performers since I was born, and went to a top music school for college, so I've seen some amazing shows, so... it wasn't the best, but still entertaining. Kinda like the sushi thing I mentioned earlier~lol! It is hard to be way impressed when you've seen the best! But, nonetheless, we still enjoyed it. We didn't go to the country performance they had on board, so can't comment on that.

Really- there are activities if you are into the partying thing. And if you are drinking then I am sure that makes it a lot more fun!! You'll have a great time, just go in with an open mind and a determination to have fun!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 AM

Thanks Desiree!

We are not what you would call partiers, but we don't mind being around and having a good time. We really want to do the Newlywed game, it should be fun.

I can relate to the getting sleep when you can thing, we have two kids, a daughter 14 and a son 11, but I can remember the midnight feedings and the 5am wake-ups. We hope to take in a show or two and my husband wants to go to the Comedy Club, we are both night owls now that the kids are older, so we are excited to do all we can!

If you have seen the best in Broadway shows, I am sure that these shows don't even come close, I don't think that is snobbish, just honest.

Thank you again for all the info, you have been a great help! I will write when we get back and let you and everyone know how our trip went.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 AM

Desiree,
Looks like you had a great time nice pics.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 PM

I would like to see the sushi rolls on the strippers at Sushilicious. Perhaps cover the strippers in seaweed paper. OR, cover them in rice. LOL!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
DesireeOO-Really nice pictures-for your next cruise,if you do choose Carnival-try booking Category BL (Gauranteed Balcony). It is an inexpensive way to try a Balcony cabin and the farther in advance that you book,as a prior Carnival cruiser-the more likely you will get a higher category cabin!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-17-2007, 05:01 AM

Hi Desiree00, We were on that cruise also. We were on The 6th level? We thank goodness didn't have problems with loud partiers.
This was our first cruise also and that was one of my gripes. Not enough to do. The pool was always full of kids as was the hot tub. The days at sea were boring. I've done the resort thing in Mexico and must say I missed being able to either swim in the ocean or the huge pools without being scared of bumping into someone. I enjoyed the food and drinks and the money we ended up spending on the total cruise agreed with my wallet.
I wished the shore excursions were longer though. The Bahamas was beautiful(will be going there in the future). I couldn't believe the whole place shut down at 6pm.
The storm the last night at sea was fierce. I have pretty good sea legs but even I got a little nauseous.
All in all I do plan on going on another cruise. We would like to go to Alaska this time. And this time we will also try to get a bigger ship.
Nice chatting with you.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 AM

I cruise the Celebration on Saturday...my first cruise as well...we are in cabin E90 i believe...I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
better, celebration, cruise, deck, higher, line, night, package, photos, pics, pictures, review, reviews, ship, stay