Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Well hi all! Got back yesterday from the cruise to the Bahamas on the Celebration. Nice to see the jeans question caused such an uproar. So, if anyone cares, husband wore jeans on the first night since we had the earliest seating and every other night we looked spectacular in our formal/nice casual wear.

So- we had a great time. Service was amazing, we became great friends with all the staff that waited on us. I liked them better than the people on board!

There were things I loved and things I will definitely do differently next time.

Next time I will cruise on a bigger ship. We aren't the partiers, and I felt like there wasn't much to do unless you were into the partying/gambling atmosphere. I think a bigger ship could provide more activities. Of course this didn't matter on the days we were in port.

I also in the future will pay the extra money to stay on a higher deck. We stayed on the bottom deck, and I hate to say this, but there is a higher concentration of lower class individuals that insist on making all kinds of noise and yelling at 3am. I think if we had stayed on a higher deck with the older folk, we would have slept better! I also felt the waves a lot more than I thought I would, but felt better on the higher decks. I think this was in part due to the lack of air circulation that seems to decrease the lower you descend on the ship.

Those would be the main 2 things, cruise on a larger ship, and cruise on a higher deck. This of course will be in the future once my husband is done with grad school and we have money again! I think Carnival is known for the party ship, and maybe we just didn't quite fit in. Another cruise line might suit us better. BUT, we still had a great time!!!!!!!

Here is a link to some of my favorite pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/8062082@N03/

Let me know if it doesn't work. This is my first time using it.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 AM

welcome back!! I cruise on the celebration in less than 3 weeks. Thanks for reporting in. Did you happen to take any pictures of the ship?

I'm glad you had a great time!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 AM

I added a few more pictures with ship pictures. We didn't take many. We should have taken a picture of right outside the Sushi bar, where we hung out most of the time. I meant to say also in the last post, the sushi was very sad I hope they improve upon it. However, the dining room food was excellent.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 AM

By the way Amanda I am happy to answer any questions you have. Now that I have been on my first cruise I can answer the questions instead of ask!!! This is so exciting! I am still no expert and don't pretend to even come close to the wisdom of folks on here such as Dave and other cruise gurus!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Great Pic Desiree! You were on a shorter cruise I beleive and they are known more for being a party cruise. Allows for the younger people to get away from work or collage for a few days and kick up their heels. A 7 day cruise may be better for you. I have stayed on the lower floors for all but one of my cruises and I have never heard any commotion from passengers on the lower floors. The bottom floors usually rock less than the higher floors. When you do go higher you have to be careful that you are not below one of the nightclubs or kitchens as you may hear a lot of noise coming from them. There are pros and cons with different levels. Remember that Carnival is known as the "Fun Ship" and does tend to have more younger partiers onboard. Maybe you would prefer Princess or RCCL. If you really want a quiet ship you may prefer Holland America.

I just responded to your jeans question last night. Ashame such a simple question had to stir the pot so much. As I said hubby and I do not wear jeans but no where did I ever see that they are not allowed. It is not a Carnival rule. Yes, the diningrooms look so nice that it is ashame that some do not take more of an interest in their appearance but if Carnival does not want jeans they just have to state that. I am in the wedding business and I am amazed at the guests that will show up for a wedding in blue jeans. So much is spent on a wedding and the bride and groom are so dressed up why do guests feel like they can show up in their everyday clothes. Back when I was a child you dressed up to go to the movies, out to eat, get on a plane and definitely to go to Church. Today people have no concern for appearance. The ambiance is gone. Anyway I did side with you on this matter. My biggest pet pieve is formal nights and people who just do not want to play by the rules. If they do not want to dress up then DON'T. Just eat at the buffet or order room service. Save this special night for those who do.

Anyways, I am glad you had a great time. There will always be something you will wish you had done differently but remember there is always the next cruise! For me it is the Glory Nov 3. 20 family members and I cannot wait.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

Desiree, you're beautiful ! You and your husband are a great couple. Great photos. Yes, the jean controversy took several bad turns. Alas, all is well now.

I believe everyone's first cruise is a good compass for your next. Try talking to a travel agent next time. Perhaps, you just need a better fit for your personalities and your activities. My family isn't into the gambling, the bingo or staying up until 2 or 3 a.m. either. We would rather wake up bright and early, hit the running track, enjoy my tea and breakfast and then get a full day in with our excursions and such. To each his own. That's what makes a ship so versatile.
One of our first cruises was spent on a lower deck. We gradually upgraded and now we can't sail without a balcony.
That is unfortunate that you had to be subjected to noise at 3 a.m. You will get some of that on a ship, even on the higher floors. We slept with our balcony door open one evening on Pride and some late night party goers down below yelled, "man overboard". That woke me up immediately.
I'm glad to hear you still had a great time.
A'ndrea
Old 05-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Desiree, The sushi bar starts out delicious. By the 5th and 6th day, it's cucumber and wasabi. That's because the fresh fish doesn't last. They should freeze a few more thousand bags of shrimp to make me happy with my sushi! A'ndrea
Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

Or maybe do a little trolling along the way? Bring in fresh fish, daily?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 AM

your pictures are great,i would say that on our cruises we are allways on a higher deck, and we perfer that better. we are not party people either but i still perfer carnival. next time try a 5 or 7 day cruise you will find less party animals that way. glad you had a good time.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Loved the pics.

I agree with an earlier poster that adding a 7 day requirement to future cruises (along with a larger ship) will get a more desired result. You may also want to add cruising when school is in session. That helps eliminate loud kids.

It is a shame that our society is producing those with no class....but "that's the brakes".

Glad you still had a good time. You are a very handsome couple!

Closed Thread

Tags
better, celebration, cruise, deck, higher, line, night, package, photos, pics, pictures, review, reviews, ship, stay