Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 09:37 PM

Greetings All, we are booked on the Valor for May 6th. Any comments from those that have cruised the Valor.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:33 AM

We liked it.
Large newer ship.
No problems...God Bless
Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 AM

Hello!

We also are taking the same cruise on May 6th! Looking forward to having an amazing time as I have read that this is a great ship!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM

We absolutely loved the Valor, we sailed on it last march for an exotic western caribbean cruise. What itinerary are you taking? I have a great suggestion for Roatan Isle, Honduras if you are going there.
Our dinner staff was incredible....had lots of fun with them. The shows were great too!
The ship is beautiful...you won't be sorry you chose this ship.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
The Valor was a great ship. No complaints here.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM

jmsettles,
I will be going that route in March. What suggestions might you have for the places you mentioned, as we have yet to book any excursions for Cayman, Roatan, Belize or Costa Maya. Thanks for any info you can give!

Sherry

Caribbean Travel Photos
Old 02-24-2007, 12:04 PM

Sherrywine,

Loved that itinerary!!
Grand Cayman; booked through Island marketing ltd. for the sting ray city buccaneer catamaran. That was amazing!

Isle Roatan; this was my absolute favorite cruise port thus far., I could go on forever.... I will tell you though, that when we arrived we thought about not even getting off the ship when we saw the port. So, we went down to breakfast and happened to ask our waitress what there was to do at this port. She highly recommended "West Bay Beach", it is a long (maybe 20-30 min) cab ride to get there, but she told us to negotiate the cab fare up front, and it should be no more than $20.00 per person round trip. It was a beautiful drive there, our cab driver made a few stops along the way for photo ops. He even stayed at the beach and waited for us. We arranged a time that we would meet him back at the cab, and he was there promptly. We did not pay him until he returned us back to the ship. I would never have imagined that such a beautiful & somewhat secluded beach was hidden away there. You absolutley must check it out!! We found beach chairs right next to a little cart that was making homemade pina coladas (we watched them cut the coconuts & pinapples as they were ordered), and $1 cold beers. Both my husband & I were in heaven for a few hours away from the 2000+ other cruise passengers.

Belize We booked through Island Marketing again for the cave tubing excursion. When booked through Carnival you have a shorter trip. We hiked further up thru the jungle along the water and entered the water in a spot that gave us more time to actually be tubing.

Costa Maya we never ported there due to the weather conditions. But, we are cruising in April, and are booked at the Maya Palms Resort for a secluded beach get-a-way. This resort only takes 25 cruise passengers to make it less crowded. I can get you a phone# for this one if you are interested.

Hope this info helps, get back to me if you want any further help with finding these excursions.....would be happy to help!

Joan
Old 02-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Small world..

We're also booked on the Valor May 6th and are expecting to have a wonderful cruise.

We've done a lot of 'research' on Carnival [reading reviews, etc.] and it appears that the Valor is a great ship.

It'll be our first cruise and hope that it'll be a memorable one.

Thanks for the question as any info on the ship and shore excursions is most welcomed.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:00 PM

For those of you who will be cruising on the Valor, I found this video on another cruise site that a couple made from their cruise onboard the "VALOR"....You will love the video, and be glad you are booked on the Valor.

www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor
Old 02-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Wow..very cool!!! Thanks for sharing..

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cayman, excursions, island, lorimar, mario, marketing, valor