Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2004, 11:52 AM

Hello...We are going on our 2nd Carnival cruise this November. Can anyone tell me about the "Past Guest Party" for those who have cruised on Carnival before? Thanks for your help!

~gina~

Celebration 12/03
Ecstasy 11/04
Old 02-28-2004, 11:52 AM

Hello...We are going on our 2nd Carnival cruise this November. Can anyone tell me about the "Past Guest Party" for those who have cruised on Carnival before? Thanks for your help!

~gina~

Celebration 12/03
Ecstasy 11/04
Old 02-28-2004, 02:52 PM
hi past guest party is by invitation so make sure you fill out the little box on your registion card you are a past guest if you see it they drop off the invitation to your room and it is about 1 to 2 hours they have a live band and introduce the capt. and some of his crew and pass around free cocktails and fruit and mini pastries, and you get to watch a mini film of how and where Carnival is going as a company and introduces you to upcoming new vessels in the works its kind of neat but the waiters and waitress are far and in between so grab a couple of drinks because it gets very crowded in a hurry enjoy your cruise its usually before dinner. Fran
Old 02-28-2004, 03:26 PM

Thank you so much Fran. I appreciate the advice. Is this on the 1st night and is it a formal occasion? Thanks!

~gina~

Celebration 12/03
Ecstasy 11/04
Old 02-28-2004, 04:17 PM
depends on your vacation days is it 5 day or seven day if its the 7 day its the second formal nite captains dinner. every one was dressed up because that is also picture nite,there are 2 formal nites on 7 day and 1 formal on 5 day, enjoy your trip glad I could answer some of your questions Fran
Old 03-01-2004, 07:36 AM

HI GINA, I HAVE BEEN TO 2 PAST GUEST PARTYS...IT IS REALLY NICE...YES IT IS A FORMAL NIGHT AND ON A 7 DAY IT IS THE 2nd FORMAL NIGHT...IT WAS GREAT...BUT I HAVE TO SAY ON BOTH OCCASIONS THAT I HAVE BEEN AT THE PARTY..I HAD NO PROBLEM GETTING AS MANY DRINKS OR AS MUCH FOOD AS I DESIRED....IT IS ACTUALLY ALOT BETTER THAN THE CAPTAINS PARTY THAT EVERYONE GETS TO GO TO....YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME....ONE OF THE PARTYS I WENT TO WAS ON THE CONQUEST AND THE OTHER ONE WAS ON THE SENSATION...HAVE A GREAT TRIP...I AM CRUISING AGAIN MAY 2ND ON THE PARADISE...
Old 03-01-2004, 09:05 AM

TAPLEY...Thanks for the information and have a great cruise!

~gina~

Celebration 12/03
Ecstasy 11/04
Old 03-03-2004, 09:50 AM

We just returned from the Paradise. We had a GREAT week. The Past Guest Party was nice and the hor d' oeuvres (had to get the dictionary on that one) were much better than the ones at the Captains' Party. I actually had (let me get the dictionary again) caviar for the first time at this event. We booked through Carnival and they already had us as Past Guest in their computer, so when we got to the room the day of the party, they had an invitation and little Carnival lapel pins for each of us. I hope you enjoy the Paradise as much as we did. The smoke free environment is great, to bad they are making it a smoking ship in September! Happy Sailing.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:45 AM

DANEEN, THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE PARADISE...
WHAT EXCURSIONS DID YA'LL DO...WAS IT THE 7 DAY THAT TOOK IN 4 DIFFERENT PORTS???? WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT PORT OPTIONS FOR THE EXCURSIONS, IF YOU DON'T MIND....HAVE A GREAT DAY....
SHARON
Old 03-03-2004, 12:55 PM

Hi Tapley, Sorry but we did the 7 day Eastern, Bahamas, Dominican Republic and St.Thomas. They have a brochure of all the excursions, you can pick one up at the Excursion Desk or the Pursors Desk. We always kind of go out and do our own thing. Catch a cab and go to a beach etc. We did do the Seaquarium tour in Miami after our cruise to kill some time before out 6:00 p.m. flight. It was 35.00 per person and very nice and since we would have paid around 25.00 for a taxi to the airport, we actually only pair around 45.00 for the two of us.(The bus takes you to the airport after the tour). Most of the tours offered on the ship can be done on your own once you get to the port and they don't cost as much.
We have been to Belize on Royal Caribbean and wish we had gone on the Cave Tubing Tour or to one of the reefs to snorkel, but we had our four kids and two of their friends with us so it would have been pretty pricey. Ended up getting a tour from a local for about 20.00 for all of us. This is a very poor country and it was something for our kids to see the poverty. We have also been to Cozumel twice. We did the "shopping thing" and after wished we had gone to one of the beaches. Grand Cayman has some awesome snorkeling right off from where they tender you. Once you are on land at Grnd Cayman, walk to the right and you will see a little stand where they have lockers and such for snorkeling. There is a rock stairway into the water, and some of the best fish I have seen yet. We have been there twice and I would still like to go to 7 Mile Beach or swim with the Stingrays. As I said you can usually get the tours once you are in the port for less than the cruise ship offers. HAPPY SAILING

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, captains, carnival, cruise, cruises, customer, dinner, discount, event, guest, invite, jacksonville, kids, party, past, port, snd, taxie