Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 06:12 AM

I agree with what drlivingston and LHP said completely. I think part of the reason I liked Malcolm was that he wasn't in our face all the time. I know that others prefer a more involved CD. It's all just personal taste.

Like LHP, I've only been on a cruise with one CD (Darcy Something-or-other) that I would not like to cruise with again. She was constantly screaming in the mics (on stage and on the ship's loudspeaker), knew only one adjective and was quite condescending to some passengers. It grated on my nerves all week, but I just avoided anything that I saw her running.

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 12-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Wow, what a wonderful story. Except of course for Malcom. However I see that Ralf Valente will be CD on the Victory. I know Ralf well, not just as a CD. you may know him as WEE-JIMMMMYYYYYY ! He is a great CD and lots of fun but will need to be clued in to your needs. He is a compasionate man but is very gregarious. If you cruise with Ralf and he does not respond to your CD Email I have a personal email account that I can contact him for reinforcement if you need it. Please feel free to contact me through the personal zone if you want more info on Ralf.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM

And don't get my original post wrong. We didn't "hate" Malcom, but just didn't think he was that good compared to some others. He was catering to a more NY crowd for obvious reasons we felt. I know these guys have off weeks and different passengers like different people as well. We would have taken the Victory this coming April regardless of Malcom, but we are happy there is a change. The best CD we actually have ever had was on the Adventure of the Seas this past March. He (Mike) was everywhere it seemed and was a ton of fun.

Happy Cruisin!
Nov. 2006- Carnival Paradise
Apr 2007- Celebrity Century
June 2007- Carnival Paradise
November 2007- Carnival Paradise
March 2008- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas
June 2008- Holland America Oosterdam (Alaska)
August 2008, Carnival Victory (Canada)
October, 2008 Carnival Paradise (Mexico)
November 2008, Carnival Imagination, Key West/Cozumel
February 2009, Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
April 2009, Carnival Victory (S.Caribbean)
Coming Soon- June 2009, HAL Eurodam (Northern Europe)
Coming Soon- Nov.2009 Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
Old 12-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by etinca:
And don't get my original post wrong. We didn't "hate" Malcom, but just didn't think he was that good compared to some others. He was catering to a more NY crowd for obvious reasons we felt. I know these guys have off weeks and different passengers like different people as well. We would have taken the Victory this coming April regardless of Malcom, but we are happy there is a change. The best CD we actually have ever had was on the Adventure of the Seas this past March. He (Mike) was everywhere it seemed and was a ton of fun.

Happy Cruisin!
I completely understand....we have some CDs that we have "adopted" (I have their cell phone number and they have mine) ... others that were fine...but they did not become part of the family...

as with anything else...I do think that some are better than others......perhaps it is experience....perhaps it is their personality...perhaps some just work harder at it....

but I think they all have their strengths and their weaknesses.....some weaker than others!!

LOL
Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Administrator

I guess it depends on what you like to do on a cruise, but for us the CD is really not important anymore. We don't do a lot of activities and these days our only contact with the CD is when they introduce a show we happen to attend or as they glad-hand us at the entrance to the repeater's party.

Closed Thread

Tags
bird, burn, carnival, carnivals, cassel, cruise, director, ecstasy, good, karl, malcolm, malcom, march, reviews, steve, victory