Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM

So I'm reading Cruise Travel magazine (great read by the way) and I find an add on the back cover by AT&T advertising cell phone service on "over 120 ships". Are you kidding me ?

I've noticed more and more people using cell phones on my last couple of cruises and it really drives me crazy!

I admit that I'm addicted to my Blackberry, which I often refer to as my Crackberry. However,I always manage to turn it off when I'm cruising. This is one of the primary reasons I choose to cruise. Am I alone? Isn't this one of the benefits that adds value to cruising???

Leave them at home or use them in the privacy of your cabin...that's my vote! If you need to call the kids or check-in with a family that's fine but don't do it at the expense of others trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of work.

We should encourage the cruise lines to make public areas cell phone free (and computer free)..at least in the pool and dinning areas! Nothing more annoying than someone sitting next to you chatting on their cell phone while trying to relax at the pool or have a nice meal in the dinning room.

Anyone agree or am I just over reacting?
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM

So I'm reading Cruise Travel magazine (great read by the way) and I find an add on the back cover by AT&T advertising cell phone service on "over 120 ships". Are you kidding me ?

I've noticed more and more people using cell phones on my last couple of cruises and it really drives me crazy!

I admit that I'm addicted to my Blackberry, which I often refer to as my Crackberry. However,I always manage to turn it off when I'm cruising. This is one of the primary reasons I choose to cruise. Am I alone? Isn't this one of the benefits that adds value to cruising???

Leave them at home or use them in the privacy of your cabin...that's my vote! If you need to call the kids or check-in with a family that's fine but don't do it at the expense of others trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of work.

We should encourage the cruise lines to make public areas cell phone free (and computer free)..at least in the pool and dinning areas! Nothing more annoying than someone sitting next to you chatting on their cell phone while trying to relax at the pool or have a nice meal in the dinning room.

Anyone agree or am I just over reacting?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Since we have an open thread on this subject, please continue there and I'll close this one.

Closed Thread

Tags
cell, cruise, phone, taking