Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Default
I agree that an open and honest approach is the best way to go, along with no pressure. I was lucky enough to be able to use both of my land based certificates for 7 days stays in Aruba, only because I happen to always travel in mid Sept,(weeks that include 9/11) and for some reason this week and ONLY this week has been available 2 years in a row now at a nice resort in Aruba. The resort books currently for $207 a night, although I found it for as low as $165 earlier this summer for Sept dates, so I like to remind myself of how lucky I was that I was able to get a good bang for the buck in a pricy place like Aruba using my $299 certificate. We liked the resort last year when we stayed there and were very happy to see it available again this year. So even though we couldn't use the airfare certs at all, the Aruba resort stays and the onboard perks make me feel better about this purchase. Don't believe I would do it again, but as mentioned already, before the time my package expires, I will be already getting CCL perks due to crusing more than 10 times. And the embarkation /debarkation privileges along with the other small special touches are nice. Now if the upgrade gods smile upon me when we get our assigned cabin in Oct for the Pride, I will credit CVC for that even though I don't have any assurance that I have any chance of my 8i GTY being upgraded on the Pride, since that would be an upgrade to category 9. But I can hope (ever the optimist..)
__________________
Carnival Pride 10/01/2006
Carnival Destiny 4/10/2005
Carnival Conquest 9/12/2004
Carnival Pride 5/10/2003
Carnival Paradise 9/02
Golden Princess 02/2002
Carnival Triumph 09/2001
Carnival Sensation 9/24/2000
Carnival Facination 9/18/1999

Count-down to Mexican Riviera!





  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 10:14 AM
LHP's Avatar
LHP LHP is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default
Quote:
Originally posted by DOREENrae:
I agree that an open and honest approach is the best way to go, along with no pressure. I was lucky enough to be able to use both of my land based certificates for 7 days stays in Aruba, only because I happen to always travel in mid Sept,(weeks that include 9/11) and for some reason this week and ONLY this week has been available 2 years in a row now at a nice resort in Aruba. The resort books currently for $207 a night, although I found it for as low as $165 earlier this summer for Sept dates, so I like to remind myself of how lucky I was that I was able to get a good bang for the buck in a pricy place like Aruba using my $299 certificate. We liked the resort last year when we stayed there and were very happy to see it available again this year. So even though we couldn't use the airfare certs at all, the Aruba resort stays and the onboard perks make me feel better about this purchase. Don't believe I would do it again, but as mentioned already, before the time my package expires, I will be already getting CCL perks due to crusing more than 10 times. And the embarkation /debarkation privileges along with the other small special touches are nice. Now if the upgrade gods smile upon me when we get our assigned cabin in Oct for the Pride, I will credit CVC for that even though I don't have any assurance that I have any chance of my 8i GTY being upgraded on the Pride, since that would be an upgrade to category 9. But I can hope (ever the optimist..)
Would you mind if I repeated this information about Aruba to another board? There were many folks who were disappointed with the Mexico selections they finally found. If they had another option, they may be able to work around the date.
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3
Default
Thank you all for you replies. You have eased my nerves about working for CVC and I can honestly say I will do my very best to provide customers with an open and honest selling technique. I believe by doing this I will make more sales in the long term and hopefully one day all you will hear is good posts about CVC. Thanks again.
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Bdog's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 50
Default
b_rent22,

What ship are you going to be working on? Do you get a six month contract like many other ship positions?
__________________


RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Spirit to Hawaii 4/2007 booked
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3
Default
we find out just 2 weeks before departure so i'll find out in about a week... as for the contract, yes, its a six month contract.
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Larry in Miami's Avatar  
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,137
Default
However you look at it is a bad deal. I was stupid enough to sign up for it but lucky enough to cancel before the deadline.
__________________
Larry
-------------------------------------------
Photo Website: www.larrysphotos.net
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:55 PM
LHP's Avatar
LHP LHP is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry in Miami:
However you look at it is a bad deal. I was stupid enough to sign up for it but lucky enough to cancel before the deadline.
Since it turned out not to be something that would work for you, I am glad you were able to cancel.
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:58 PM
LHP's Avatar
LHP LHP is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,560
Default
Quote:
Originally posted by b_rent22:
Thank you all for you replies. You have eased my nerves about working for CVC and I can honestly say I will do my very best to provide customers with an open and honest selling technique. I believe by doing this I will make more sales in the long term and hopefully one day all you will hear is good posts about CVC. Thanks again.
Enjoy your 6 months of being on a cruise ship. If I were only young again. I definately missed my calling as a Cruise Director!!
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2006, 09:15 PM
fivepoints's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 292
Default
Whew!!!! I've never seen so much discussion about a single topic in my life! (And I ain't no spring chicken.) Good night, nurse!
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Jim C.'s Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 5,113
Default
Yes, I is interesting how often this topic repeats on this forum. Each time it racks up double digit posts at least. Just shows how passionate people are about getting taken advantage of. Either there is only one or 2 people that like CVC or those that like it are afraid to say so...
__________________
================================================== ==========
Carnival Cruise Lines:
Fantasy 90, Celebration 95, Victory 05, Conquest 05, Spirit 6/06, Freedom 6/08, Holiday 7/08, Victory 6/09, Valor 9/09, Dream 6/10, Splendor 8/10,Conquest 8/11,
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
 
Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, charge, club, cruise, cruises, gallery, ice, paradise, perks, review, scammed, scams, skippers, skyauction, vacation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carnival Vacation Club at it again u2jt1 Carnival Cruise Line 1 11-19-2008 09:21 PM
CARNIVAL VACATION CLUB luvdancing Carnival Cruise Line 2 06-17-2007 10:53 AM
Carnival Vacation Club Cruiser friendly Carnival Cruise Line 3 04-25-2007 02:01 AM
Carnival Vacation Club Kortneycruise Carnival Cruise Line 0 03-25-2007 05:30 PM
Carnival Vacation Club briteminds Carnival Cruise Line 8 04-21-2006 07:53 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
 

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Contact Us - Terms of Use - Cruise Reviews Home - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2