Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Benny b:
I am a CVC member and about to use it for the first time in the comming weeks. My question is being a CVC member can I get an upgrade in cabins when I arrive at the terminal, if available? Also, how do I increase my odds of an upgrade if I have already been assigned a cabin?
It has never happened to me! I have been a member and been on three cruises and I have always gotten the room I reserved. I won't say that it can't happen, but I would not count on it.

RC Viking Serenade 1994
CCL Elation 2000
CCL Ecstasy 2001
CCL Elation 2003
CCL Spirit 2004
CCL Glory 2006

Spirit to Hawaii 4/2007 booked
Old 07-20-2006, 07:29 PM

To get an upgrade, you should book a GTY (guarantee cabin in a category, rather than a specific cabin)...I have been upgraded each time I booked a GTY, although this coming cruise I doubt if I will be lucky enough to be upgraded as my GTY is an 8i extended balcony cabin on a ship where the next level is a 9A deluxe balcony.
Carnival Pride 5/10/2003
Carnival Paradise 9/02
Golden Princess 02/2002
Carnival Triumph 09/2001
Carnival Sensation 9/24/2000
Carnival Facination 9/18/1999

Count-down to Mexican Riviera!

Old 07-20-2006, 07:40 PM

[quote]Originally posted by fivepoints:
quote:
Originally posted by DOREENrae:
quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
Quote:
Would you mind if I repeated this information about Aruba to another board? There were many folks who were disappointed with the Mexico selections they finally found. If they had another option, they may be able to work around the date.
No problem, now that my trip is confirmed! I checked the CVC listings and saw that they still had a few more for that same date! If anyone from CVC ends up being there that week (Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort) they can buy me a drink a Jimmy's bar (Oceanview bar might be the offical name) on the beach across from the resort during happy hour for the tip on Aruba. (You have to choose Caribbean OTHER ISLANDS to find Aruba) And if they want to add on to their trip at the same hotel, they can bid on SkyAuction for additional days as this was showing up recently there(Last year I added on 1 day and this year I added on a Sat and a Sun since the 7 days was a Sun checkin and checkout but the best flight deals I could get for my area were Sat-Mon...So I had to "bite the bullet" and spend 2 more days there...(I say that like it was a bad thing) If anyone wants to do SkyAuction by the way, let me know because I can refer you and get a $5 credit and give you a code to get you $25 credit on your account when you register.

A guy I work with who does a lot of cruising with his wife, has been trying to get me to try SkyAuction. Can't hurt to check it out.

FivePoints:
If you do, be sure that you let your co-worker or someone else refer you so that they can get a referral credit. If you or anyone else out there wants to be referred and provided with a $25 credit code for registering, just drop me an email BEFORE registering. I love traveling, but for me, its all about the deal and if I can do it saving money, its all that much more enjoyable! I've never done cruises through SkyAuction, but have taken advantage of savings at hotels in Aruba, where accomodations are normally pretty pricey..
My email address is doreenraehansen@hotmail.com
Carnival Pride 5/10/2003
Carnival Paradise 9/02
Golden Princess 02/2002
Carnival Triumph 09/2001
Carnival Sensation 9/24/2000
Carnival Facination 9/18/1999

Count-down to Mexican Riviera!

Old 08-02-2006, 05:42 PM

Real lucky we found this site last night. Just got off a Carnival Miracle Cruise that had the ICE men aboard. I should have known when the man nearly lept on me when we rounded the corner that we were in trouble. I actually made fun of him and asked the other sales folks if he had eaten and to please watch my back! We listened for awhile absorbed and then we left and had dinner and drinks. After dinner we went back to find out more. After a fast paced pitch involving talk while trying to read a contract,we bought the gold membership, {under the influence and spell of the "ICEman" we thought we were being sold points equal to 31 cents.. After research we discovered we were not sold the goods we thought we were. So we have exercised our right to cancel the contract. Thanks to all for your imput. It took nearly an hour to get the proper forms and send the package back, but the most helpful advise was to dispute the charge. Our compnay said we would not be liable once we notified them and sent the copies of the rescision agrement which we also faxed to the Cancellation Coordinator. The employees were very helpful , but the process was long due to CVC not being able to e-mail the forms and disconnections. I am not used to posting so I amy have wasted your time. But thought perhaps you might learn from our experience.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:12 PM

[quote]Originally posted by DOREENrae:
quote:
Originally posted by fivepoints:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
Quote:
Would you mind if I repeated this information about Aruba to another board? There were many folks who were disappointed with the Mexico selections they finally found. If they had another option, they may be able to work around the date.
No problem, now that my trip is confirmed! I checked the CVC listings and saw that they still had a few more for that same date! If anyone from CVC ends up being there that week (Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort) they can buy me a drink a Jimmy's bar (Oceanview bar might be the offical name) on the beach across from the resort during happy hour for the tip on Aruba. (You have to choose Caribbean OTHER ISLANDS to find Aruba) And if they want to add on to their trip at the same hotel, they can bid on SkyAuction for additional days as this was showing up recently there(Last year I added on 1 day and this year I added on a Sat and a Sun since the 7 days was a Sun checkin and checkout but the best flight deals I could get for my area were Sat-Mon...So I had to "bite the bullet" and spend 2 more days there...(I say that like it was a bad thing) If anyone wants to do SkyAuction by the way, let me know because I can refer you and get a $5 credit and give you a code to get you $25 credit on your account when you register.

A guy I work with who does a lot of cruising with his wife, has been trying to get me to try SkyAuction. Can't hurt to check it out.

FivePoints:
If you do, be sure that you let your co-worker or someone else refer you so that they can get a referral credit. If you or anyone else out there wants to be referred and provided with a $25 credit code for registering, just drop me an email BEFORE registering. I love traveling, but for me, its all about the deal and if I can do it saving money, its all that much more enjoyable! I've never done cruises through SkyAuction, but have taken advantage of savings at hotels in Aruba, where accomodations are normally pretty pricey..
My email address is doreenraehansen@hotmail.com

Okay, thank you. Will do.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:30 PM

I hear everybody saying that they can not use the resorts...I went to St. Maartin and it was absolutely beautiful, maybe you are just to specific in where you want to go, but I really enjoued it. and I don't know on what ship you spoke with someone, but it they told me that the points was 17c and they did tell me that the airfare in only for the continental 48 states. I joined back in 2005 and love my membership.

I guess everybody have their own opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by fitfineand40:
I just came back from a wonderful cruise to Alaska on Carnival Spirit. They were offering a vacation package for the Carnival Vacation Club. I had my husband check it out at home and he came to this site, I just want to say thank you, because it saved me from being scammed. I called my credit card company and the charges had been reversed. It's run by a company called Ice Gallery. I advise you to cruise Carnival and have a great time, but check out very throughly the vacation club before you decide to buy into it. Again, because of this website I was very lucky.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:04 PM

LHP, you raise some very good points and as you say, you're neutral. We haven't cruised for 5 years and back then there was no CVC aboard ship. I just wished we had known about it before because there were a couple of times I said to my wife we should possibly check this CVC out. Just two staterooms away from ours were two staterooms with stickers on the door saying these were CVC VIPs and we did see a party invite in their mailbox.

I'm glad though we resisted what small temptation there was to sit and get a presentation.

To b_rent22, be honest and up front with people and you won't see people reporting bad experiences. If ICE wants you to lie and be a sleeze and you've got morals, let's face it what's the worst they can do to you? Fire you and get you kicked off?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 PM

Hi JI,
I saw that you stayed in St Martin at one of the resorts. What was the name of it? We are looking into one at this time and as everyone else we are very concerned about the whole thing. THe resort stays are next to impossible. We wanted to go somewhere the week of sept 8 or 9th and it is hard finding somewhere to go. We wanted to go to New England but forget that or Coastal Cal but forget that too. We did find a place in Palm Springs but just now sure of the resort.

Also wanted to let you know that we have a cruise booked for the week of Thanksgiving, we booked it weveral months ago.I was talking to CVC last week and they advised me the cost was down and refunded 462 points and $100 that i had paid for another cabin. SO that much was nice. SO far i am just put out over the freebie for Mexico (now they have extended it to anywhere that is available and says "no Charge",, Now try to find that one. THere is on at the El Cid in Matzalan.

Well anyway back tothe question, where did you stay in St Martin?

Thanks
Rosemary
Old 08-14-2006, 10:33 PM

Hi Mamacdoo,

We stayed at Divi Little Bay. It was really nice. I've seen the one in Mazatlan, although I didn't stay there, it was really nice too. We were looking for something in September too, and found a couple of resorts, we're just trying to decide where we want to go. We found a couple of nice one's... here's a few:
Makaha Resort, Oahu, Hawaii
Peublo Bonito, Cabo St. Lucas, Mexico
Lake Okanagan Resort, Lake Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada

I don't know if it's going to help at all.
Just for anyone else complaining about the points "not" being a good deal, I booked a cruise in the Mediteranian for my husband and I this summer. When I booked it, we used just over 16,000 of our points, out of 20,000. Our package cost $5000. After I booked it, I checked the price on carnival.com. The price they quoted me after taxes was almost $6000 as a past cruiser.
Even if we don't use the rest of our points, and never had used any of our resorts, well, you figure it out. $5000 vs $6000. I think we got a great deal, and next time we cruise, I'm getting another membership, and looking forward to getting some of the other "perks".
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the info JI. Divi was the one we were looking into. We are looking into a cruise to either Alaska or the Mediteranian for June.
What did you book?

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, charge, club, cruise, cruises, gallery, ice, paradise, perks, review, scammed, scams, skippers, skyauction, vacation