Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Roll call for Carnival Liberty Mediterranean cruise 9/16/06 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/18253-roll-call-carnival-liberty-mediterranean-cruise-9-16-06-a.html)

caroleannette 06-10-2006 02:59 PM

Are there any cruisers out there who will be taking the Carnival Liberty Mediterranean cruise 9/16/06-9/28/06? My husband & I (we live in Easton Maryland and are "baby boomer retirees")and good friends of ours, also early baby boomers, from Chicago, will be on this cruise. We are planning our shore tours and after reading Tom Ogg's website, see that in most cases we can tour on our own, taking trains or taxis to some of the places. In doing research on the port of Messina however, we are thinking that maybe we would do better with a tour guide, either to go to Mt. Etna or Taormina, or both. I am hoping to find two more couples or four individuals interested in this tour as I have found a reasonably priced offering, but it would be more economical with 8 rather than 4 people. Anyone interested, drop me a note and I will forward to you the details.

joecruiser 06-10-2006 05:13 PM

We are on the same cruise departing 9/4/06 and are traveling with two other couples. Would be interested in the information you obtained for the excursion from Messina to Taormina.

BC Happy Gal 06-25-2006 06:48 PM

Dear Caroleannette

We are a group of 16 Canadians booked on that cruise! Really looking forward to my first trip to Europe + of course a cruise on the Liberty.

We have a fairly active roll call going on Cruise Critic boards if you want to stop by for a chat.

Looking forward to seeing you onboard. I am planning to have a Sail Away Party for any of the cruisers who have chatted on these boards - gives us a chance to meet in the flesh.

caroleannette 07-05-2006 03:20 PM

Hi BC Happy Gal,
Nice to see your note. My husband & I are actually flying out of Toronto on Air Canada to Rome on the 14th of September. We are going to take the train from the airport to Civitavecchia. I booked a hotel for us there which I believe is only a short taxi ride to the ship. My husband worked in Brussels for a year, back in 99-2000 and we saw a lot of Belgium, France, Germany etc on land travel. This is actually our first cruise and our first time in Rome & Italy. We are spending a week in Rome after the cruise. I was able to rent a small apartment in the Vatican area. I did that kind of thing in Paris a couple of times. We feel like we get a better feel for what a country is really like, mixing with the natives! We'd love to meet your group. When & where are you planning your party? We & our friends from Chicago are in cabins on the Veranda deck. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.