Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 12:06 PM

Sodey,

At Chankanaab is the snorkeling equipment included in the park fee? BTW, it went up to 12. We are on the 5/1 sailing of the Zuiderdam and plan to go there.

quote:
Originally posted by Sodey:
Steph, Exactly what ship and what ports are you visiting?

If you are stopping in Cozumel, The ship pulls up to a large concrete pier. I suggest you get off as early as possible (8 am). Walk right past all the shops at the dock and head straight to the large Taxi stand. Ask for a ride to Chankanaab ($10 for cab ride. Not per person!) Trip takes less than 5 minutes and drops you off at park entrance. Pay $10 entrance per person. Chankanaab is beautiful! They have great walking trails with large (huge) lizards and a gorgeous beach with sparkling clean restrooms, waiters come to your lounge chair and serve you as you lie in the sun or under your own grass hut umbrella. I would suggest walking to the southern end of the beach right in front of the bar and snorkel rental counter. In front of floating raft. I would strongly suggest you all snorkel as the water is clear and you see many fish, sea urchins etc... The Dolphin swim is just to the North. After 3 to 4 hours (noon time) walk back to park entrance and take cab to Carlos and Charlies for a great, fun, noisy lunch. Make sure you buy the family picture in the Carlos and Charlies frame. (Great momento) Then walk around some of the shops and bargain for some cool stuff. Leather is a bargain. Go into liquor store and pick up some Kaluha (cheap).

Then head back to ship. This will be a full day but very inexpensive and a load of fun for all of you. I promise you won't feel afraid or uncomfortable. Chankanaab and Cozumel is almost like Texas in terms of fear factor.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM

No, last August it cost $3 for mask and snorkel and $2 for fins so $5 total. We rented 3 sets and shared. You don't rent at the main entrance. You walk to the beach. (south end) and rent from an equipment stand or counter.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, deal, ports, real