Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 AM

cruzinallthetime, I'll take you up on that offer...what excursions did you take, and how did you like them? And, are the unpleasant reports about Jamaica true iin your estimation?

Free Cruise Clocks
Free Cruise Tickerslink=http://www.CruiseTickers.com]Free Cruise Tickers[/link]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Well, in Key West, we didn't take any excursions, we just rented electric cars and checked out the area.
In Grand Cayman, we took the Sting Ray City and Turtle Farm Excursion. You don't spend much time in any of the places, but the Sting Ray City was fun. The turtle farm...well, I felt a bit macabe, looking and holding the little turtles and then going inside to order a bowl of turtle soup (I didn't)
Jamaica - I had read and had heard the same things you have. The Cruise Director even mentioned not going off on your own. We didn't, we went to the Bamboo Beach Club. I have to say that it was the most relaxing we did on the whole cruise. They keep feeding you, and keep bringing rum punch, water and lemonade. They have a private beach so you are not bothered too much. They have local dancers and local music. It was the best.
My sister did the horseback riding through Carnival and absolutely loved it. She then took it upon herself to go to Dunns River Falls and had a great time.
I had friends that went against the grain and ventured out on their own. They came back in one piece without a hitch...but I think that might be the exception.
Hope this helps

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 10-02-2007, 12:44 PM

kasaba - I forgot to mention that another set of friends of my went to the local beach in Jamaica right by the ship. They paid $3.00 and snorkled all day without any problems. Actually, the whole area was beautiful and not crowded at all. Maybe because it was a Thursday.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 PM

How was the Karaoke? did they have any Karaoke on the open deck or just in the bar? Im on the LIBERTY October 13th
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 AM

We just loved Jamaica. My grandmother was born there, so maybe it is a little different. But...
on the cruises and stopping at the different islands, I have to say Jamaica was one of our favorites. The difference being, my opinion.
All of the island people would rather not have to put up with us tourists, but at least the Jamaicans had a good sense of humor about it.
Had no problem with aggressive vendors. All were friendly. We took 2 trips a week each to Jamaica. One Ocho Rios, made friends with the maintence man and ended up renting a car and he went with us to Kingston. Now that was a great History lesson. The 2nd trip we stayed at a place called Port.Antonio. Had a wonderful time.
A place we would not like to go back to was
Dominican Republic. Very aggressive people there. It was a little scarey.
Anyway, think each has to decide on their own if they like a place or not. We would go back to Jamaica in a heartbeat. Just not this trip.
Leaving next week. for cruise on the Triumph.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM

Chris, if you decide to do the report, please let me know where you will have it, so I can look it up.

As you can tell, I'm "anxious" to know all I can about the Liberty.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 AM

Chris, thanks for your report on your "itinerary", but if you have "TIME", would you mind giving your pro/cons of the Liberty ship? It would be appreciated, especially by me.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Pros and Cons of the ship...

Karoke - they have it in a small lounge...not out by the big screen. I love Karoke, but we had to walk out because they kept getting singers who just love to cuss over and over.
The embarkation is not as organized as I had hoped. I think it is just the luggage aspect. Not as smooth going as Port Canaveral.
Other than that, I really enjoyed myself.

Pros
The Sushi Bar - it tastes great and Leo is very friendly. My sister and I stalked the sushi bar one night and had a blast.
If you want a really really great Martini - get Petra at the Paparazzi Bar to make you one. Perfect!
We enjoyed the Lido deck games. My husband won the Fear Factor Challenge. Make sure you can fold a towel animal
Got some great deals in the Spa. My husband, my brother in law and myself all booked a hot stone massage for $99.00 which is normally 195.00. Ask for Anka.
Crew were happy and very kind. Did as much as they could for you. Cabin steward was great.

Ya'll are going to have so much fun!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:32 PM

MrOctober, if you don't mind, would you post a report of the Carnival Liberty, once you get back home?

If you have been on this ship before and have written a report, would you please tell me where to look, so I can read it?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Sherry, I hope you enjoy the "Triumph" as much as we did last year. It was awesome

Have/did you do a report on the Carnival Liberty, or are you planning to do so? The reason I ask, we are planning on sailing on it next year, and I'm wanting to know the pros/cons of the "ship" itself.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, day, liberty, review