Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM

I've sailed out of Tampa twice, and have found the port to be very convenient! The secured parking deck is right across the street from the port, so we just park the car, carry our bags across the street, enter the port and the next thing we know, we are aboard.

Our next cruise is out of Port Canaveral, and I'm wondering about the ease of boarding there. Is it as nice as Tampa's?

We sailed one time out of Miami, and it was no where near as easy as it has been in Tampa. I'm hoping Port Canaveral is the same as Tampa. Any experience at both from anyone?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:52 AM

Port Canaveral is pretty much on the par with Tampa. Depending on what ship you are sailing on, there is a covered parking garage within a short walking distance to the south terminal- OR, there is an open parking lot (secured, I assume) close to the north terminal.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM

Can anyone give me the cost for those parking garages, say for a 7 day cruise. I am from Texas and retired. Thought it might be a nice drive.

Caribbean Vacation Links

Beaches Resorts by SandalsCaribbean Travel Articles
Old 09-26-2006, 11:15 AM

$12.00 per day in the secured lots. My understanding is that the cost is the same in Tampa as it is in Port Canaveral.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:30 AM

Thanks Iharry. This will help in my planing.

Caribbean Vacation Links

Beaches Resorts by SandalsCaribbean Travel Articles
Old 09-27-2006, 06:54 AM

Have only flown into Tampa. Have driven to Port Canaveral several times. It is easy to find, and they have flashing signs directing you to which pier. The parking is beside the pier with a garage now, I think it was $80 for a 7 day last year. Very organized.

Closed Thread

Tags
canaveral, canveral, carolina, close, covered, distance, garage, location, map, north, parking, port, ship, tampa, walking