Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 PM

I have heard the term Free upgades. What is a free upgrade and how can I get one? I will be takeing a cruise in October. I am trying to learn as much as I can before going on my cruise.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 PM

I have heard the term Free upgades. What is a free upgrade and how can I get one? I will be takeing a cruise in October. I am trying to learn as much as I can before going on my cruise.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 AM

You ever heard the saying "Nothing in life is free"? the same with Upgrades. Meaning you are getting what you could have got anyway.

There is a great article about this subject on the Sister Site CruiseReviews.com by Tom Ogg. Is a great read and informative.

Best to you,
IslandCruz
Old 02-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Administrator

Do you mean this article by George Lepala?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
I have been upgraded twice.

On my Glory cruise I booked a Cat 1A cabin on Riviera Deck and I was given a Cat 4B on Main Deck.

The second time I wanted to book a cat 8A cabin on the Vicory, but they offered me a free upgrade to 8C at the time of booking
Old 02-20-2007, 08:52 PM

We were just informed today that we recieved a free upgrade from the empress deck to the Lido Deck.....and I am a bit dissapointed that my TA did that without asking us first. I chose my cabin by the location being midship and close to an elevator on the empress deck. Our new assignment is close to the front of the ship. So, I was given a different cabin assignment today that I am not all that crazy about. I just don't think that all upgrades are actually upgrades according to each individual.
I realize that people do guarantee cabins in hopes to get the best cabin in that category, but I have always been one to chose my cabin assignment, since I am prone to motion sickness.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:18 PM

Hey Dave,

Yes that is the article. I don't know why I was thinking Tom wrote it.

jmsettles, That is really weird. I wrote about this on another thread. They had to have needed your cabin for some reason. Like it had a connecting door, uppers, or was handicap. I would find out and get a cabin you are happy with. Is odd to move a cabin assignment.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:51 PM

On my last cruise I was upgrade 8 categories when I booked and was able to choose my cabin. With my upcoming cruise I was offered an upgrade of 3 categories but opted to have only a 2 cat upgrade because I knew what cabin I wanted.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, free, front, imagination, rooms, stateroom, tips, upgrade, upgrades, victory