Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 02:00 PM

Can you pre-put money into your shipboard account? I know how I am about dipping into my stash here at home or in the bank if I think I need/want it. No restraint at all!!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

You can put a cash deposit down in lieu of covering your account with a credit card. Thus you could limit your spending since once the cash runs out your card stops working.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 PM

We prepay for everthing. We even go to the Carnival site and buy a few fun bucks to cover the on board stuff we might get.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by loucna2:
Can you pre-put money into your shipboard account? I know how I am about dipping into my stash here at home or in the bank if I think I need/want it. No restraint at all!!!
Hi loucna2,

I am not sure if I am understanding the question. Dave and Gary (IMHO) gave excellent answers. The way I was understanding your question is that you were asking about pre-paying your Sail & Sign account with cash prior to your cruise.

If that is the question, unfortunetly the answer is no. You can pre-pay the gratuities and shore excursions. And get some Fun Bucks. But the account will still have to be secured by cash or credit card at time of embarkation.

2 - 4 day cruises $100
5 - 8 day cruises $200
9 plus $350

If that was the question, and on a personal note, I have some friends that pay with cash instead of a credit card. They told me they convert their cruise money into traveler's checks and put them away. They then are not tempted to use them. When they check-in they use some of them for the required deposit.

But, as Dave said if you go over the amount they will stop your account.

Put that Cruise Money away!

Happy Cruising,
Dwayne
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
If that is the question, unfortunetly the answer is no. You can pre-pay the gratuities and shore excursions. And get some Fun Bucks. But the account will still have to be secured by cash or credit card at time of embarkation.
The Fun Bucks are as good as cash. Some friends we cruised with several years ago had a cash flow program. She would buy $50.00 or so in Fun bucks every month. When they checked in they used those to secure the deposit.
Now my wife does that, just because we like to pay for everything in advance. We still secure with our CC but our account is usually 0 when we check out.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:49 AM

Gary,

Yes you are right about (Funship Dollars) being used for the Sail & Sign account. I think it is a great way to save up as well.

That is why I mentioned it in my post. Maybe is a matter of symantics.

One would still have to present those (Funship Dollars) for deposit on their account at check-in. And not as a pre-paid deposit for their Sail & Sign account.

I am here to learn and help. If there is a way to pre-deposit and secure the account prior to embarkation, someone please tell me.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 AM

Here is a link to Funship Dollars.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:39 AM

IslandCruz...
We are probably talking symantics here.
You are right one way or another the account has to be secured with the correct amount of $$.
They will refund any unused amount.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 AM

If you purchase fun ship dollars, but do not spend them all, what happens to the remaining balance? Can you transfer it back to cash, or does it sit in your account till your next cruise? If you cannot redeem them for cash, you want to be careful about how many you purchase.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 AM

Hi Mike, If you use them as a deposit for your onboard account, I have been told they will cut a check back for the unused balance on the last day or with the final statement.

Closed Thread

Tags
account, accounts, caribbean, carnival, cash, copy, cruise, cruising, establishing, money, prior, put, royal, shipboard, ships