Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Question from a first time cruiser: what amount and kind of alcohol can we bring on board the ship? Is there any kind of fine or penalty?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Question from a first time cruiser: what amount and kind of alcohol can we bring on board the ship? Is there any kind of fine or penalty?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 AM

Hi Supermodel, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You are allowed one bottle of wine per person 21 years of age and older during embarkation.

Here is the policy per Carnival.

Dwayne
Old 01-01-2008, 02:53 PM

I was just on the Carnival Freedom over Xmas , first timer so I also did not know what to expect . I had read some forums online and asked friends who had done a few cruise this same question. I was told pour your clear drink of choice into water bottles , put your alcohol in 1 litre pop bottles etc. Well I wrapped up a bottle of rum in a towel in one checked suitcase and a bottle of vodka in another suitcase. Both made it just fine to my cabin . At our first port of Cozumel bought a bottle of tequila as a gift for a buddy ,brought it back to the ship in a plastic bag .I placed it in the ships xray machine expecting it to be taken from and held till the end of the cruise . Well it was not , picked it up on the other side and took it back to my cabin . In Jamaica bought a bottle of banana rum and again placed it in the ships xray machine upon returning to the ship . Again picked it up on the other side and took it back to my cabin . Not sure if this is the norm but never had any problem with bringing my own alcohol aboard the ship
Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
You must have received a Christmas Gift from the Cruise line or you were just lucky....if you read the Carnivals policy on the posting above, you will see that it isn't the norm to get liquor onboard....if it was that easy...everyone one would do it and the cruise lines would start raising the price of the cruise I'm sure....To me, it's not worth the risk or effort....Happy first time Cruising...

Bob E
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM

it wasnt just me it was everybody coming back from all our ports of call. I saw tons of passengers walking onboard with duty-free bags full of bottles and ship security running the xray machines letting us take all our bottles back to our rooms.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 PM

I have never seen this happen. Sure, a few may get through security. This is not the norm by any means. They even have an area to check the liqour.

This Topic started off with a legitimate question about what kind of alcohol one can bring on board. The question was answered. And thanks Bob for your post of reason.

We have dozens of threads on sneaking alcohol on the ship, which is against Carnival's policy. I don't think we need another one at this time.

Thread closed.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, alcohool, board, booze, bring, carnival, cruise, cruises, freedom, line, liquor, penalties, ports, ship, smuggling, time