Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:57 PM

I will be graduating college in May and myself and 3 friends decided we wanted to go on a cruise as a gradation present to ourselves.

-We were looking at the Valor. (any insight on this??)
-I've been doing some research and it seems best to go through a travel agent?
-Is it wise to fly out the same day of embarkment? ...how soon can we schedule a flight after we return?
-How does payment schedule for cruises work?
-How soon should we book our flights/cruise?

Sorry for all the questions, but any help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:47 PM

Kristie,
I highly recommend you work with a cruise oriented travel agent. You don't pay any more to work with a travel agent and they are there to answer all the questions just like your asking. First, one important issue is your age. To sail on Carnival everyone must be 21 or over. If not, then you need someone 25 or over in the cabin with you. It is highly recommended to fly in the day before the cruise if possible. Too many things can go wrong flying in on the same day. It is also recommended to not book a flight sooner than noon time on your return day. The ship gets in around 7:00AM and you may be able to get off the ship around 7:30AM if you take all your own luggage. If you don't carry all your own luggage then you have a designated waiting area until your luggage tag colors are called. (An agent can also explain all the details of disembarkation by colored luggage tags). It is possible you might not be off the ship until around 9-9:30AM or so. Then you have to get to the airport get checked in and go through security. You will feel less stressed having a flight that leaves after noon time. You'll put down a deposit of $250 per person and then final payment would be due 60-75 day before the sail date. It is best to get your cruise booked now.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:14 PM

Hi Kristie, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congratulations on your first cruise and upcoming graduation! I've read some good reviews about the Carnival Valor. I'd definitely use a Travel Agent to help you with all the details and make your arrangements.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Hi Kristine... welcome to cruise chat. We just sailed on the Valor in September. She is a great ship with a very good itinerary. You should have a great first cruise.....then you have to join cruise addicts anonymous like the rest of us.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Hi Kristie:
I'm sure your excited about graduating and cruising soon! I really enjoyed cruising the Valor. This ship is usually one of the cheaper and is a mid size ship. I'm cruising the Valor for my third time June 27 this year with my family. Let us all know what you choose.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Kristie have a fantastic cruise on what ever itinerary you choose. To me there is no bad cruise. After your cruise you might want to book your second one immediately, as it is addicting. After your cruise let us know what you thought of it.
Jim and Cassandra thanks for the info on the valor. We are sailing on her in November and there will be about 40 of us going.

Carnival Triumph 2007
Carnival Triumph 2006
Carnival Victory 2005
Carnival inspiration 2004
NCL Majesty 2002
NCL Sea 2002

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread