Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 PM

My neice and her fiance are going on the Carnival Legend for their honeymoon in July. Has anyone been on the Legend? I am hoping that they will have a wonderful time. has anyone ever ordered the cabin decorations for someone or for themselves? I was thinking about ordering them for the two of them. I would like to surprise them, but cant afford the expensive gifts...(have to get a wedding present, bridesmaid dress for my daughter, etc)but would like them to get to their room and find a nice surprise.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Banned

dbug
I have been on the Legend several times. I know your niece will enjoy it. The ship is almost spotless, the service is very good,the entertainment is good, the food quality is very good. We like the spirit class ships very much, just the right size, not to big,not to small.If I can answer any specific questions ask away. Tom
Old 04-30-2007, 06:09 AM

dbug
Carnival has Bon Voyage and other decorations that you can order. On my Dec. '05 sailing my daughter-in-law ordered them for my room and the two other rooms that we had. They hang from the ceiling and when you arrive on the ship they are already set up in the room. It was a real surprise to me that she did that. You can also get the drink tickets they are a good deal.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 PM

hey tom
was wondering about the movement of the ship i have herd on some post that the legend is one of the worst for feeling the waves my partner went on the legend on its 2nd voyage and told me he only felt it when they hit rought sesas and i mean he said the waves came up to his balcony so i guess that would be rough his balcony was on the 7th floor i think . was just wondering i have never been on a cruise ship and we are thinkging about going on one and i was thinking about the legend i have read so manny good things about the ship ..

thanks for your info
steveomaha
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Banned

Steve
In my opinion the Legend does not ride any rougher than any ship I have been on.The hull is a little narrower than some of the other ships,the spirit class was built for speed.They have the stabilizers like most other ships so I do not see any difference.We had some really rough seas on the last cruise and I did not think it was any better or any worse than other ships I have been on.Hope this helps, but some people think 3-4 seas are rough, and other people don't mind 10-12 foot seas, it is just a matter of opinion. Tom
Old 05-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Banned

We have not been on the Legend specifically but have been on the other 3 Spirit class ships and love the layout.

We have never had a problem with motion on any of them. Of course, Alaska does not have much "wave action" but the other 2 ships were the Mexican Riveria and Western Caribbean (which can "catch some waves). So hopefully, they will have the same experience.

Closed Thread

Tags
bon, carnival, deals, drink, legend, review, voyage, wedding