Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Okay, let me revise that: ...before getting to know them on a face to face basis.

Doh! There is just no way that is going to come out right. I love you all, here take my wallet, I'll go sleep under the stars. My safe code is XXXX.
Hahahahaha!! That is funny. I agree with you. Being roomies during a cruise takes a delicate balance. A little independence with an ability to co-exist in peace and harmony.

I have cruised solo enough so that at this point, unless I plan to be intimate with a person, I want . . . no, I demand my own cabin. I have a girlfriend who wants to come with me on a cruise next spring. I have already told her that she has to get her own cabin. Sharing a cabin is not on my agenda. It is not worth the few dollars that are saved. I will continue to book the cheapest cabins on the ship and enjoy my little space. To be honest, if she really goes, I want her cabin either on a different deck or on the other side of the same deck as mine. Sounds unfriendly but I do not want to be right next door to someone who may not want to do anything without me. That would drive me crazy. On my last cruise, several of the girlfriend/roomy set ups were starting to get old to them 2/3 through the cruise. It seems that it is always one is outgoing and one is clingy.

As for meeting people, you can always go to the Maitre D as soon as you get on the ship and ask to be put at the table with the solo cruisers. Carnival always puts the solos together for dinner so that they can become ship friends. If that doesn't work, just be open to talking to people. Even though I am single and cruise solo, I have never attended a single mixer given by the ship. From what I understand, they are never well attended.

Note, being married does not preclude you from visiting a bar. Most people do not get on the ship looking to "hook up" with someone romantically. Most are just looking for a nice vacation.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I have cruised solo enough so that at this point, unless I plan to be intimate with a person, I want . . . no, I demand my own cabin. I have a girlfriend who wants to come with me on a cruise next spring. I have already told her that she has to get her own cabin. Sharing a cabin is not on my agenda. It is not worth the few dollars that are saved.
Besides the Obvious ..me and you are almost twins come cruise the Liberty In October or set a date for the cruise-chat cruise on August 21st of 2008 Im booked in E181... come by I'll buy you a drink
Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:
quote:
I have cruised solo enough so that at this point, unless I plan to be intimate with a person, I want . . . no, I demand my own cabin. I have a girlfriend who wants to come with me on a cruise next spring. I have already told her that she has to get her own cabin. Sharing a cabin is not on my agenda. It is not worth the few dollars that are saved.
Besides the Obvious ..me and you are almost twins come cruise the Liberty In October or set a date for the cruise-chat cruise on August 21st of 2008 Im booked in E181... come by I'll buy you a drink

Can't do the October Liberty b/c there is a group on that ship I refuse to share space with (Saints & Sinners). Also I am doing a VTG 09/29/07 cruise (solo cabin - Cat. 4D)

I will keep the 08/21/08 in mind. That has potential.

Upcoming Cruzes

Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Oh no !!! are they that bad and in which way? sinners or saints? Glad it's a big ship then
Old 07-12-2007, 11:33 AM

It would be hard not to find friends in at least one of those groups unless it means something else like FOD.

WWJD? Hang out with the sinners!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Saints & Sinners is just one group. No they are not that bad. I am just familiar with them from their unbelievable behavior on their homebase message board CruiseCritic. Based upon their behavior and antics online, coupled with the description of their past cruise behavior, I eliminated this particular cruise/ship/itinerary from acceptable birthday cruises for myself. You can't pick who you share the ship with but you can avoid groups of people if you know they are going to be on a certain cruise.

Mr. October will have a blast though.

Another thing, off topic a bit, that I found funny. I was looking at the 09/29/07 Destiny cruise. Unfortunately, all of the Cat. 1A cabins are booked and have been for a while. This is unusual that Cat. 1A book up so solidly so far in advance. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of group on board this cruise and for whatever reason, they have booked single cabins. Makes me say, Hmmmmmmmm

I will not expound on who my imagination is telling me will be on that ship (that will need all of those single cabins) but because of the disappearance of all of the Cat. 1A, I crossed this cruise off my list also.

Upcoming Cruzes

Old 07-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
lol .... WWJD? For A Klondike Bar?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM

IBCRUZIN ---- Link to our cruise-chat cruise in case you havent seen it.

Cruise -Chat Cruise august 21 2008
Old 07-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good name for a cruise ship bar on an Alaskan cruise.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
quote:
I don't know but I might try walking on water for starters, wait that's been done.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, fiance, friend, girlfriend, imagination, lot, review, reviews, single, singles