Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 AM

Hello everyone!

Next cruise (maybe January) I will be going with a single friend. My husband hates to travel.

Is there anyway, either here or on the ship, that can connect people from the same area of the country? Not like a match game, but an easy way to find people on board who may have the same job or live in the same city.

Does that make sense??

Thanks!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-10-2007, 07:31 AM

www.carnivalconnections.com is carnival's own forum board. It has a roll call where people can chat online to get to know each other before their cruise. Just look for your ship and then your date. Start a thread asking for people from so and so city and see if anyone responds.

Also cruisecritic.com has a very active roll call forum. I would not recommend this website for regular forum posting because there is a lot of flaming, fighting and name calling. However, I believe the roll call may be o.k.

Good luck.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 PM

Heavens, cruise critic sounds dangerous

But thanks I B Cruzin' - appreciate the info.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Maybe I'm too cynical but there are only a handful of people on cruise-chat, who I could sleep in the same cabin with and not have to keep one eye open. No reason to distrust anyone here but I think you understand what I mean.

This comes from a trust in seeing consistency in their online character and developing an ongoing relationship over time. The idea of trying to develop that relationship online with the express intent of sharing a cabin is a little out there for me.

Find a trusted friend to go and be careful even in selecting that person. That is my take on it for what it's worth.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:40 PM

Hey Ken, thanks for the concern but don't worry. We aren't looking for room mates. I was just wondering if my single friend that I'm going with could find someone safe to at least TALK to. Since I'm not a drinker, I thought she might like to go to a bar onboard and meet other singles. Maybe that's not the thing to do. I'm a happily married lady what do I know from bars?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-10-2007, 04:02 PM
doulabug, it's o.k. for happily married ladies to go to lounges with single friends, drink Perrier or Pelligrino, socialize and have a great time.

If you've cruised before, you know that people on cruises are the friendliest and easiest to talk to people any place. Complete strangers become friends in no time at all. You should both have a great time--if you let yourselves.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Yep, you are right. I DID meet good people on our cruise. And I know we will have a great time, but now I can't wait!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
They should have a singles get together at some point. Just check the Capers.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 07-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
there are only a handful of people on cruise-chat, who I could sleep in the same cabin with and not have to keep one eye open.
Gee thanks Chef

just stay in your own bunk
Old 07-11-2007, 04:45 PM

Okay, let me revise that: ...before getting to know them on a face to face basis.

Doh! There is just no way that is going to come out right. I love you all, here take my wallet, I'll go sleep under the stars. My safe code is XXXX.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, fiance, friend, girlfriend, imagination, lot, review, reviews, single, singles