Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Love these $100.00 certificates!! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/1863-love-these-100-00-certificates.html)

tim c 02-09-2010 06:32 PM

We just booked our 12th CCL cruise on the Glory nov 28th.. We got a crazy deal for a port hole room at $339.00!! add the $100.00,we got it for $289.00 plus the $100.00 onboard ship credit,which is FREE money. 7 days at around $50.00 a day per person w/tax. Thats a steal of a deal.. We love the porthole rooms.they are bigger than a interior room and in this situation the same price..291 days!!!!!!!!!

Jim C. 02-10-2010 01:48 PM

Yes, its a great deal. I just booked my first cruise with mine. I had bought 2 on my last cruise and was able to use both to get a separate room for the kiddos at the price of putting us all in our balcony.

My question is how does the "deposit" portion of the deal work? I still had to put down a deposit. When I send the certificate in with my booking number do they credit my deposit back to my charge card?

Cruise Fanatic 02-10-2010 04:14 PM

I believe they just take that off your total.

tim c 02-10-2010 07:08 PM

What i was told they will deduct the $100.00 on the balance that is due.

Dwayne 02-10-2010 08:57 PM

Yes, it is off the balance due. You still have to pay the deposit. The on board flyer isn't worded very well regarding this.

They are a great deal for future cruises. They are available for purchase on the Conquest, Freedom, Liberty, Splendor, and Valor. I'm not sure if they added a Future Vacations desk to the Glory during the drydock or not.

If anyone decides to book a cruise on board instead of just buying the certificates, make sure they assign your Travel Agent with the booking if you use one. I did this when they used to have the on board sales on the Destiny. My TA was very helpful with keeping up with the booking and making any adjustments.

Good for you, Tim. I don't mind the trek to the porthole cabins if the price is right. They can get a little "bouncy" though on occasion, at least on the Fantasy class ships. I haven't been in one on the Conquest ships yet.

Dwayne

Edit to remove a defunct file link.

Jim C. 02-11-2010 07:38 AM

I agree. its not worded very well. When you buy them they imply that the certificate will be your deposit. So you are still putting a deposit down, but with the Certificate you are just prepaying $100 of your cruise and Carnival is basically matching your funds with an OBC.

Still a good deal. A free $100 (for a 7 day) is still a free $100...

LHP 02-12-2010 03:44 PM

The $100 off the price thingy was always confusing. Mainly because the Reps at the desk and other Promoters said "off the deposit"...

however, you do indeed pay the full deposit and the final payment is reduced.

We just used number 4 and we love it!!!

We have 6 more to use...sadly we will probably have none left by the end of the year....

Dwayne 02-12-2010 09:34 PM

I wish they would make them available on more of the ships. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_frown.gif

Dwayne

vacationbound 02-13-2010 06:52 AM

Me too, Dwayne. I was hoping Spirit was one of the ships but it is the Splendor. Just to remind others which ships have these certificates are Conquest, Freedom, Liberty, Valor, and Splendor. Good thing I am looking at taking a cruise aboard the Liberty in March 2011.

billybuzzy 02-13-2010 07:45 PM

I'm hoping that the certificates will be available aboard the Glory when I sail on her in Sept. 2010. NCL has a similar type of a program called Cruise Rewards, the main difference being that you get a $250 cerificate for which you paid $150 and it serves as a full deposit for any cruise!! It has ensured a great deal of passenger loyalty and has made many repeat cruisers!!

BillyBuzzy