Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2002, 11:00 AM

I am scheduled to leave on the Ecstacy Oct 6th and when I booked the cruise as a 4th person I was quoted and the book confirmed my expense for the room, but when it came time to pay they assessed an additional amount. When I questioned it I was given a different answer each time, so I e mailed them and have been totally ignored. Carnival apparently is only after the all mighty dollar and does not give a darn about their customers, because they sure do not respond to inquires and do not seem to know their own policies. I am not a first time cruiser, I have been on several trips with different companies, but this will be the last time that I ever consider Carnival. I guess it is true, you get what you pay for!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:00 AM

I am scheduled to leave on the Ecstacy Oct 6th and when I booked the cruise as a 4th person I was quoted and the book confirmed my expense for the room, but when it came time to pay they assessed an additional amount. When I questioned it I was given a different answer each time, so I e mailed them and have been totally ignored. Carnival apparently is only after the all mighty dollar and does not give a darn about their customers, because they sure do not respond to inquires and do not seem to know their own policies. I am not a first time cruiser, I have been on several trips with different companies, but this will be the last time that I ever consider Carnival. I guess it is true, you get what you pay for!
Old 09-23-2002, 02:26 PM

We agree 100%. We have sailed Carnival 3 times, and never again. Our last time was April 4th on the Spirit, a 17 day cruise through the Panama Canal and Mexican Riviera. We were the cruise just prior to the cutting short of the Hawaii cruise and cancellation of the next one. We started having air-conditoning problems almost from the start. 1st time we called, we got 2 drink tickets, next time a letter, and last time, had the phone hung up on us. I would awake about 2-3 in the morning, could ring out my nightgown. Also had many problems with elevators, stopping 18 inches above the floor, and "Banging" on every floor. There was also many people that ended up with fractures, slipping around the pool which doesn't have non-skid surfaces. I could keep going on, but you get the idea. Whatever deals appear too good to be true, are just that, "too good be true". Keep in mind, Spirit turned 1 year old on April 11th. New ship with that many problems? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2002, 07:55 PM

Grammie,

Is it so bad to "get what you pay for"?
Old 09-26-2002, 09:03 PM

Don't know about Grammie, but we paid quite a bit for our trip, although not as much as other cruise lines. Regardless, politeness and common deciency don't cost a cent to either party. Carnival doesn't know the meaning of that.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:59 AM

Why is it that people think that Carnival is so much cheaper than any other cruise line. That really annoys me, I don't know why but it does. All I know is that I paid quite a bit for my Carnival cruises and I do mean plural, but I will most likely never book again with them. I am really disappointed in their customer service. We found that some people were really nice, but most didn't look like they even were happy working there. If a couple spends 2,000 on a cruise shouldn't they be happy with their vacation and expect to have a nice time. Just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:43 PM

Research frequently discovers,that cruise prices offered for a RCCL cruise are equal to, or even less than those charged by Carnival for a similar itinerary, date, departure point etc.)
Having cruised on both lines, I know which one that I will continue to sail with. The 'Adventure' really was a nice ship........
Cruiseman
Old 11-04-2002, 06:05 AM

Grammie:
You stated you were quoted one amount but paid an additional amount. Did you book with a travel agent, or on line? The additional amount could have been port charges, taxes and fees that are additional on each cruise. The prices quoted online don't add those in until the very end.

Closed Thread

Tags
answers, carnival, carnivalservice, cruise, dollor, drinks, lousy, mighty, reports, reviews, signature, yahoo