Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 09:47 AM

Hi new to cruising as said before, i have another question. Apparently we have Skippers club vip boarding as in a cat 11 cabin. Our children are in balcony cabins on same deck. Are they allowed to check in with us or do they have a different check in line ? Dont even know how we check in as all the paperwork (if there is any) is at our friends in Orlando. Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

I've been here...a few years ago I booked two cabins on the Holiday - one a suite and the other a standard outside. The suite had Skipper's Club and I asked Carnival if those in the other cabin could check-in with the suite people too. Carnival told me "no". I then appealed to my agent who contacted her Carnival sales rep, and I was then told it would be okay. Did it work? I never found out! When we got to the pier at New Orleans they told us they didn't do Skipper's Club for the Holiday so we all checked in at the "regular" line.

I'd say that if the others tagged along with you, the Skipper's Club people would go get their cruise cards from the regular check-in area and take care of them. They'd probably rather do that than create a scene over some silly rule. But you know how it can go sometimes. How old are the children? That would make a difference as they surely wouldn't want to break up a family just for the sake of check-in protocol.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Thanks Dave, not really children anymore , they are 19 and 24. As i said before i havent been on a cruise before and really dont know anything about anything to do with cruises except from what i read on these type of forums.Cant wait though.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:27 PM

We did this on the Spirit. We had 22 people in our party. Two of the familys had gotten suites and when we got to the checkin point they took us all to the VIP check in spot. So, when you get to the terminal, go to the VIP check in area and tell them your "childern" are traveling with you and I'm most certain they will take care of the whole group.

It really doesn't make that much of a difference as far as we could tell. It seemed like all it bought us was a "go directly to go" pass to the check in counter and we had arrived early enough that the wait wouldn't have been that long any way. But.. it is still nice to have the VIP check-in. It makes you feel special.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
My next cruise is number 10 with Carnival so I get to try the VIP checkin for the first time.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
boarding, borading, carnival, check, checkin, club, cruise, dont, freedom, imagination, line, orleans, skippers, splendor, suites, terminal, vip, wait