Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Soda Cards (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/187-soda-cards.html)

canuckcrusiers 02-28-2009 11:06 PM

As we are anxiously awaiting the next 5 months to fly by we are wondering if there is a different soda card for kids? And what the price might be? Since both of our kids are Camp Carnival age, 8 & 12 yrs old there is no way only 1 card will work.

canuckcrusiers 02-28-2009 11:06 PM

As we are anxiously awaiting the next 5 months to fly by we are wondering if there is a different soda card for kids? And what the price might be? Since both of our kids are Camp Carnival age, 8 & 12 yrs old there is no way only 1 card will work.

Dwayne 03-01-2009 12:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As we are anxiously awaiting the next 5 months to fly by we are wondering if there is a different soda card for kids? And what the price might be? Since both of our kids are Camp Carnival age, 8 & 12 yrs old there is no way only 1 card will work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it is one card per kid regardless if they are in the same Camp Carnival program. The price is currently $32.25 each for a 7 day cruise.

Dwayne

Caritin 05-19-2009 02:48 PM

I must say that those cards are the most disappointing thing for me when I went on Carnival for the first time.
I did not expect to pay for soda since I have not had to do so on other cruises. I would rather pay a little more for a cruise and all the soda be included.

Cruise Fanatic 05-19-2009 03:36 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat Caritin. All the mass market cruise lines that are on the same level as Carnival charge for sodas. IE: Royal Caribbean , NCL, even Disney during non-dining times. Premium lines like Princess, HAL, and Celebrity all charge for sodas. With the cruises being so cheap it isn't likely they will include soda when it's a huge money maker. You must have sailed on deluxe/luxury cruise lines.

Dwayne 05-19-2009 06:39 PM

Hi Caritin, Welcome to Cruise-Chat.

As Cruise Fanatic said, it is basically the same on all the mass market cruise lines. I don't drink enough soda for it to impact me. Carnival will allow you to bring "a small quantity" of non-alcoholic beverages on board. I usually bring three or four 16oz. bottles of soda (as they don't sell what I drink) and at least a 12 pack of water, plus a gallon jug, and they don't bat an eye. Of course that's not going to work if you are flying to the port with direct transfers.

Dwayne

jrowell24 05-20-2009 01:09 PM

I would like to take a "small quantity" of drinks too. We are traveling with 7 people. I'm curious to know of any cases where people had their "small quantities" confiscated before boarding.

Anyone with any stories?

Bub 05-20-2009 01:23 PM

We always take a 2L bottle of diet cola each and have never had a problem. Also,we have brought the same on board at ports without a problem.
Bub