Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Fantasy 12/25/05 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/18705-carnival-fantasy-12-25-05-a.html)

pigfishinn 10-12-2005 12:05 PM

Can anyone give me info on this ship? Had to rebook due to hurricane. (Was supposed to take Holiday from Mobile). Not sure about shore excursions - nothing was really looking that great. Any info on Freeport/Naussau would be appreciated. We also had airline tix booked on TransMeridian (who folded on 9/30). Rebooked tix on American Airlines (hopefully they will be ok).

Chase 10-13-2005 03:50 PM

pigfishinn,
I will be on the same ship for the 1/05/06 saiiling. I have not had much luck getting any info on this ship. I have however been to portreviews.com and have gotten some great ideas for excursions. Hopefully we will come across someone whao has been on the ship so we can get an idea of what it is like.

1st time cruiser must do it again 10-13-2005 04:47 PM

Nassau:
take a cab[$4.00 per person] to Paradise Island
which is just a large bridge away. The Alantis Hotel is a must see. Michael Jackson has stayed there a well as many other famous people. You can't use there beach or water park unless you pay / $35.00 per person. There is a public beach to the right of it that you can walk to for free.The nicest beach I have ever been to.

Cruise Specialist 10-14-2005 05:45 AM

1st time cruiser.... you stated you could use the beaches and pools at Paradise Island for $35.00/pp....have you done this...I was under the impression that you could not use their beaches unless you rented a room for one night or unless you rented a room at the Comfort Inn across from it..Have you done this and know this for a fact?? If so this would be great as I have a quite a few clients that go there and would love to have the information on this.

Cruise Specialist 10-14-2005 05:48 AM

Pgfishinn Welcome to Cruise-Chat! The Fantasy is a great ship. We have sailed on her twice, once before she was refurbished and then again latter part of October 2004. There are so many things to do and see..you will really enjoy her, she is (was) in better shape than the Holiday, so I am sure you will have a great time.

Dwayne 10-16-2005 06:27 AM

Carol! My best wishes on your Cruise! I should have driven down to just see her in Charleston Harbor! Bon Voyage! Have a super cruise, Island

Dwayne 10-16-2005 06:37 AM

I was comped as a cruise agent 3 years ago for a pass for the waterpark and beach. Oct. last year the policy had changed and was required to rent at least a discounted room. Are you speaking of the Atlantis Resort or just hotels on the beach? Thanks, Island
Quote:

Originally posted by Cruise Specialist:
1st time cruiser.... you stated you could use the beaches and pools at Paradise Island for $35.00/pp....have you done this...I was under the impression that you could not use their beaches unless you rented a room for one night or unless you rented a room at the Comfort Inn across from it..Have you done this and know this for a fact?? If so this would be great as I have a quite a few clients that go there and would love to have the information on this.

Dwayne 10-16-2005 06:40 AM

response was inadvertantly sent to Carol..please read previous.
Quote:

Originally posted by 1st time cruiser must do it again:
Nassau:
take a cab[$4.00 per person] to Paradise Island
which is just a large bridge away. The Alantis Hotel is a must see. Michael Jackson has stayed there a well as many other famous people. You can't use there beach or water park unless you pay / $35.00 per person. There is a public beach to the right of it that you can walk to for free.The nicest beach I have ever been to.

Cruise Specialist 10-16-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Carol! My best wishes on your Cruise! I should have driven down to just see her in Charleston Harbor! Bon Voyage! Have a super cruise, Island
IslandCruz, we are excited about the Triumph being in Charleston, just a short 2 hour drive for us, you stated you should have driven down to see her in the harbor, you still can, she arrives Tuesday morning the 18th...maybe I will see you there. By the way do you live in SC?

Dwayne 10-16-2005 10:25 AM

Yes, I was going by your ticker I thought was 2 days from that post. I live in NMB., and may do just that. Our newspaper is all full of the new bridge etc. Thank you Carol, Island


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2