Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 08:16 AM

i can say for a fact that ozone 70 spf worked great for me, first time burned terrible with 30spf, next cruise someone told my husband about this product and i did not get burned at all, i was really happy but use what is good for you.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:30 AM

I think I will definitely get 45 for the kids and my husband and I can wear it for the first few days and then I will take some 30 for after we get some sun exposure. I would definitely love to get somewhat of a tan !
Lexy
Old 02-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LexyLovesCruisin:
I think I will definitely get 45 for the kids and my husband and I can wear it for the first few days and then I will take some 30 for after we get some sun exposure. I would definitely love to get somewhat of a tan !
Lexy
Hi Lexy, I enjoyed reading all these postings about SPF levels. especially helpfull was U2JT1 from the tanning salon. My daughter works on the Liberty and last cruise we saw some SPF 70 for sale in Costa Maya, we decided it was "T-shirt in a bottle". However here is my advise: What ever you use bring it from home if you can, prices on board were expensive and prices on shore were twice as bad. We bought SPF8 and only 12 oz for $22 on Costa Maya only because we were desperate. Bon Voyage
CruiseDad
Old 02-06-2007, 10:58 AM

LisaP is right, I use Avon Skin So Soft SPF 30. I am blonde with loads of freckles and burn in about 3 minutes. I put on the Avon before we leave in the morning. We go snorkeling or swimming, usually on a catamaran. I try to stay in the shade on board the cat, but even so, the Avon is the only thing that I don't burn with. I've used Banana Boat, Ban de Soleil, and some other pricey things, but for me, Avon works the best. My detmatologist cringes when I tell him I'm going to the Caribbean as I have actinic keratosis constantly, but I do my best to still enjoy the sun and stay as safe as possible. Just pace yourself trying to tan, it can't be done in a week
Old 02-07-2007, 08:49 AM

Thanks CruiseDad and Penny3333.
I want the 30 SPF but it must smell like coconut LOL -- I don't like the taste of coconut BUT the smell reminds me of Pina Coladas (sp?) and then I feel like I am in the Caribbean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lexy
Old 02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

It's smart to take it slow. We had cool air and winds leaving LA last week. We were bundled and wearing fleece on our 2 days at sea. We even had capri pants on. I wore a SPF 45 (I'm Italian and I always tan). I still burned. Don't be deceived by the air. The sun is still incredibly hot and unforgiving. We needed to purchase Panama Jack aloe vera gel in the ship's store on our 4th day.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Australian Gold SPF 8, smells like coconut and works well for me! Whoever said start slow is right, the Caribbean sun is unforgiving.

So where are we?

SPF 8 to 70
Re-apply often
and Lexy has gone from 45 to 30.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:49 PM

Ok, since my cruise is only a little over a week away, I thought I'd better get our suntan lotion (I still call it that even though the whole world now calls it 'sunblock').
Anyhooo, it cost me a small fortune but I got the kids 45 SPF and my husband and I a beautifully coconut smelling 30 SPF yummy ! NOW WE ARE READY.
Chef Ken, you have more guts than I. 8SPF is livin on the edge when you are from Canada in the middle of winter. LOL.
BTW, A;drea, thanks for reminding me, I added our aloe soothing gel onto my list. We have a little left from previous summers and who knows -- we may need it if someone (as she looks at her husband) decides to live on the edge like Chef Ken. (My husband gets alittle crazy at times in the sun and thinks he is ohhh sun God and needs NO sun-block.

Closed Thread

Tags
30, 45, 70, burn, cruise, line, lotion, norwegian, pale, paler, spf, sun, sunscreen, tan, tanning