Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 PM

I am with you f-mattox. I am in no hurry to get off of the ship. They will have to kick me off! I will eat and drink until I am the last one there!

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Princess uses a two-part tag system; you have to show your tag stubs at the gangway to get off.

It didn't seem to help much. It was still a mess; mainly because nobody was paying any attention to the instructions. They kept making announcements asking people to keep the stairways and corridors clear but people clogged them anyway.
we had the self help debark and had to crawl over people and their bags to get to the gangway.
You are right people DO NOT listen or they just do not comprehend what they have read.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Lyn and Rick, I agree and have seen some wild and stupid people. I sometimes worry if was an emergency lifeboat situation they would do the same

Unless I am really pressed for time I just eat and take a leisurely shower if the steward says is ok. Let the chaos clear a bit

Dwayne
Old 05-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Banned

If the tags are blue, you're a Crip; Red, you're a Blood, black and gold, Latin Kings.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Lol, that gave me a good laugh! Nice to laugh after a long day at work.

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 05-22-2007, 09:47 PM

I got brown last time, and they had light and dark versions. I know I am not a brownie, spent too many years in Boy Scouts
Old 05-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Last year, we did self disembarkation on the Conquest and it was a nightmare. Everyone jammed up the lobbies and people were literally screaming at each other. We were hauling way too much stuff and ended up busting our liquor in the middle of the hallway on accident. It took us forever to get off the ship, and it definitely wasn't worth it.

Our cruise on the Miracle ended today, and there was no way we were going to deal with that insanity again. We put out our bags the night before and waited in our room this morning until our steward politely told us he needed to get in to begin cleaning. Then we took our carry-ons down to Deck 3 and waited for our color to be called. It was extremely organized and quick. We were really impressed!

I think the ease of the whole process really depends on the ship and how courteous the other passengers are being.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 05-27-2007, 10:23 PM

Hey Cort, I waited too long to put my luggage out once a long time ago and faced the same thing. It was before self-disembark, it was a nightmare. I don't understand the concept, and when I first heard it I actually laughed. I am not carrying anything off the ship but my backpack and my broke self

CruiseDad, Maybe some ports do it differently, but at Port Canaveral all the luggage is there at the same time and in sections. They just call the colors one at a time to pick it up.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:48 AM

When we went Carnival, we carried our bags off. it was the only bad part of the trip. There was a mass of people on the fllor you go out on. No one in charg was there....people were shouting- is this the early airline line? No one knew what was going on.

When on RC this spring they didn't give us that option and we had an early flight. It was very organized. Staff telling people where they were allowed to congregate. etc. There was a mean lookng lady at the centrum that was very nic but kept control over who piled into the exit area. When our tag was called we just walked off the ship our bags were on a conveyor belt immediately- we had put bright orange and yellow polkadot ribbon on them and it saved us multiple times. - And if I recall we were in the rental car before 8:30. next time I'd lke to book a later flight and hang out at breakfast a little longer. I hate the hectic mornings.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-28-2007, 11:54 PM

Someone had a bright idea that turned out to be not so bright.

I swear the first time I heard that description I laughed. And recall making the comment to some friends waiting with us in our cabin..Did I hear that right? I thought it was for folks that forgot to put their luggage out. I was kidding and said they should call that "dumbass disembarkation". No offense meant to anyone. But with this feedback it sure does not seem to be working whatever the intent was.

~ I saw this guy in Santa Monica

IC

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, color, colors, cruise, cruises, debarkation, disembarkation, dissembark, luggage, ncl, oceania, order, regatta, tags, time