Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 09:35 PM

What does this mean? I have read posts on other sites and they talk about this.

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Pride 7-8-2007 Mexican Riviera
Old 05-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Hi teachabcdee, It has to do with the luggage tags and the location you are on the ship.

Just an example: Empress Forward could be green tags. They would say all green is cleared to dissembark. I am not sure they still do this, but they have in the past.

Calm Winds and Smooth Seas,
IC
Old 05-21-2007, 04:12 AM

Luggage is removed from the ship by color code which corresponds to your cabin/deck name on the ship.

Verandah was orange last week and our luggage was off-loaded and placed in the baggage area for pick-up. It appeared that this system was working well until we arrived in the baggage claim area. It was there that we were met with what one described as 'organized chaos'!

In other words..everybody that had been called prior to us was stumbling around trying to locate their bags..

Certainly a system snafu on that day!! Trying to find the end of the line to clear Customs only exacerbated an already screwed-up mess.

Carnival needs to take a real look at how they get the luggage off the ship in the future (at least in Miami).

Jus' my opinion... ..Hope that helps.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:30 AM

And one more thing..if you have common colored luggage; i.e., black, dark green, etc., do yourself a big favor a tie a BIG, brightly colored ribbon to each piece of luggage!! Heck, make it two or three pieces of different colored ribbons so yours stands out.

Lastly..its not uncommon to find your luggage in a different color area so be patient!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM
On the embarkation tags it has to do with cabin location
on the disembarkation it has to do with what time/order you get off the ship
EG: if you have an 11 am flight you will be off earlier than someone with a 2pm flight
Even if you are next door to each other
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-21-2007, 08:51 AM

The color system for disembarkation is basically an "honor system" to make disembarkation smoother. It is correct that colors are called as luggage delivery to the claim area for that color is complete. I call it an "honor system" because no one knows what color tag you have because those tags are already on your luggage. If they would go to a 2-part tag and make you present it before exiting, things might go a little smoother.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
The color system for disembarkation is basically an "honor system" to make disembarkation smoother. It is correct that colors are called as luggage delivery to the claim area for that color is complete. I call it an "honor system" because no one knows what color tag you have because those tags are already on your luggage. If they would go to a 2-part tag and make you present it before exiting, things might go a little smoother.
tncruiseman, you make an excellent point. In most ports getting off before your color is called gains you nothing because your bags simply are not there for the picking up and your presence in the baggage area just adds to the confusion.
The ribbon idea is a good one also, especially as the large ships, like Liberty, there is both Green and Lime, Look in both sections. And when you can't find it quickly there are usually people to help and an area where the tags have fallen off.

We couldn't find my Wife's bags last time, and they had some expensive stuff in them. She had new luggage. I didn't remember what they looked like. We asked for help and several baggage area workers started to look for Blue Suitcases, when we found them they looked black to me. My wife informed me they were actually a dark navy blue. I suggested the next time we lose them call them black because that is what they look like.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Princess uses a two-part tag system; you have to show your tag stubs at the gangway to get off.

It didn't seem to help much. It was still a mess; mainly because nobody was paying any attention to the instructions. They kept making announcements asking people to keep the stairways and corridors clear but people clogged them anyway.

What's the rush? Book an afternoon flight. Have a nice breakfast. Relax on deck. It's all over soon enough!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:07 PM

Thanks for your recommendations. I will make sure to buy bright pink ribbon.

Free Cruise Clocks

Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM

LOL, I love what us wives do to our husbands!

Free Cruise Clocks

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, color, colors, cruise, cruises, debarkation, disembarkation, dissembark, luggage, ncl, oceania, order, regatta, tags, time