Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 09:09 AM

We are about to book an Alaskan cruise on The Spirit. We would rather have a balcony or even an outside but our money concerns do not allow that this time.What are the inside cabins like ,configuration etc.I figure being on a cruise in an inside cabin is better rhan no cruise at all.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 AM

Hi Terry,

Nothing at all wrong with an inside cabin, I've travelled in them a number of times and always enjoyed my cruise. Alaska is probably the most desirable location for having a window but don't let that force you into spending more than you're comfortable with.

The inside cabin is the same size on the Spirit as the oceanview and balcony cabins. They're all 185 sf so all you're losing is view from your cabin. You probably won't spend much time there anyway. Just go up to one of the decks with a view and have a great time. Unoccupid lounge chairs will be hard to find for an alaska cruise. You may want to look into a couple of those foldable camping chairs that fold into a little bag with a draw string. They won't take much space when you're packing and you'd have your own chairs always available that way.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-01-2007, 06:19 PM

Hi Terry, I think the same as Neil on this one. We had an inside cabin recently on the Legend, Spirit's sister ship. It was a nice size cabin and we saved alot of money. The configurations are slightly different regarding bed placement etc., but the cabin sizes average the same.

This is a great site that Neil recommended a while back for comparisons.

Dwayne
Old 12-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Not a darn thing wrong with an inside cabin...it's for sleeping and taking a shower...and in Alaska, it's wonderful to just sit by a window on the top deck, or the promandade deck...or like me...I lean on the railing most of the time and just gaze...Alaska is like a religious experience....you have to be outside to really enjoy it...besides, with an outside cabin..it doesn't get very dark for sleeping....but remember to bring a lighted clock or a nightlight....Have a Happy Cruise....

Bob E
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM

We have been on the Spirit a couple of times. Those were to the Mexican Rivera. We were able to do a Balcony on those. However the insides are the same size and very nice.
We have done Alaska twice. Once of HAL and once on Princess. Because of the price we did an inside cabin on those. You know what we had great times and are planning on doing it again in 2009.
BTW have you checked into Military rates for Carnival?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Terry - Don't forget to book the room for 7...Mark, me and the kids will be there with our parkas all packed!!!! Ok - we'll have to buy some parkas first....

Miss you guys and hopefully will get another cruise together planned soon!

Go with the inside room...it's better than not being on the ship at all...and I know you-you'll be on that damn barstool anyway!! I'll have to send you a cradboard cutout of Mark so he can join you!

Have a wonderful Alaskan cruise...I hope to do that one day also!

Michele

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 12-05-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MicheleT:
Terry - Don't forget to book the room for 7...Mark, me and the kids will be there with our parkas all packed!!!! Ok - we'll have to buy some parkas first....

Miss you guys and hopefully will get another cruise together planned soon!

Go with the inside room...it's better than not being on the ship at all...and I know you-you'll be on that damn barstool anyway!! I'll have to send you a cradboard cutout of Mark so he can join you!

Have a wonderful Alaskan cruise...I hope to do that one day also!

Michele
hey michelle! come with us! we can hook you up with the appropriate attire. don't forget your duct tape tho hope to see you guys soon!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:29 AM

Terry m, you're totally correct, an inside is much better than no cruise at all. Our first 11 cruises were inside and we didn't spend much time in the room. We had a wonderful time, but now I'm spoiled and love the balcony rooms. We spend more time in the cabin now, but if I couldn't go on a cruise without booking an inside, I'd book an inside in a heart beat. In fact, our 5 day to Cozumel in July is an inside. You'll have a wonderful time. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:01 AM

Spirit cabins are very roomy, better than other cruise lines, both inside and out, as long as you do not get one of the very small ones which have an upper and lower bed instead of the normal configuration.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM

We actually booked a 4c it's on the empress deck
We were on the Pride in Oct. and had an Balcony but Alaska is much more money .

Closed Thread

Tags
4e, 8245, cabin, carnival, cruise, inside, rates, room, ship, sizes, spirit, stateroom