Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 09:20 AM

We're thinking about crusing on the Miracle in April and my daughter is 11 but she will be 12 in June. Does anyone know if she can get into the Circle C group 12 - 14 because I know she really doesn't want to hang out with 2 year olds? This could make or break our decision to either cruise or condo it.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Wendy C:
We're thinking about crusing on the Miracle in April and my daughter is 11 but she will be 12 in June. Does anyone know if she can get into the Circle C group 12 - 14 because I know she really doesn't want to hang out with 2 year olds? This could make or break our decision to either cruise or condo it.
Wendy, I can not be absolutely positive but the ages are mostly guidlines. With your daughter so close to 12 I think you just need to sign her up for Circle C 12-14.

If you decide to go on the Miracle I can suggest a special treat for your daughter. My daughter (31 years old today ) is a Miracle Dancer and I could probably arrange for your daughter to meet her up close and personnal.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 AM

Camp Carnival technically is ages 2-11. But within that there's activities for 2-5, 6-8, and 9-11. With the permission of parents the 9-11 may be given authorization to sign themselves in/out of Camp Carnival. So they aren't stuck there all day. Activities your daughter may enjoy in the Camp are Arts and Crafts, Plasma Tv's for movies, Karaoke, Sony Play Stations, Game Boy, and Wii. Other areas on the Miracle outside of Camp Carnival are Video and Arcade, Ping Pong, Basketball, Volleyball, Shuffle board, miniature golf, Water Wars, and the famous Carnival Water Slide.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:10 AM

My 11 year old has been in middle school for a year. I know she won't go into a group of kids all younger than her. I'm hearing that they won't budge on their rules and it's a shame Carnival makes middle school children go in a group with the younger children. They're beyond that.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM

Don't borrow trouble. This is a great ship with a great crew and I am willing to bet they will do everything they can to make your daughter happy. Just go with an open mind and enjoy the cruise.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:53 AM

There should be plenty of other young people on the ship she will meet and hang out with. Everything has to have a cut-off somewhere. Just as our drinking age is 21; I'm sure there are those 20 1/2 years, that think they should be able to drink. I don't know if they ask for proof of age. If your daughter looks older perhaps she can join the Circle C 12-14. You can always ask. If they won't let her, then there's always the other activities as I mentioned above. Also, with your port days and all the ships scheduled activities she will have plenty to stay busy. I wouldn't not go on the cruise because of it.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 PM

The answer it "it depends" - normally they are fairly strict with the age groups. The camp Carnival staff gets a list of all the children on the cruise and their birth dates which they get from your booking information.

IF there are not too many children in a age group and your child is very close to the age bracket and you ask the consular for the age group you want her to be in to allow it, they may allow it. But they may have too many kids in a group to allow more into it. (They only have so many consulars and the younger kids need more per group)

If they had an older sibling in the group you were trying to put them in, they sometimes make exceptions but I don't know if they will be so accommodating for a single child. The only thing you can do is ask.

Don't be shocked if they say no. Like Cruise Fanatic said, they have to create the age cut offs somewhere. And there are plenty of parents with children in the same boat (no pun intended :-) ) as yours. They probably get asked to do this many times each cruise. So if you start "demanding" they move your daughter, it makes them even more likely not to do it. You daughter may not like the activities for the 11-13 year old group. So you could push her to go into the older group and she may have more fun in the 9-11 group...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 AM

There is also a great informational post in the FAQ section. It was written by member LHP, who has a good deal of knowledge about the Camp Carnival program.

Here is a link.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
11, activities, carnival, circle, cruise, dream, join, kids, list, miracle, programs, review, reviews, schedule, ship, yahoo, year