Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: We are going on the western carribean on July 26. The ship is the Triumph. If you have any opinio
1 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 PM

Old 05-16-2003, 08:43 PM

Old 05-17-2003, 09:15 AM

We recently took back to back tours (Eastern and Western Carribean) on The Triumph's sister ship The Victory. We had a ball, and the service was superb. We paid our gratuities up front, which proved to be cheaper than having them posted on our Sail and Sign cards.

Cosumel was wonderful, Go to Chakanabba Park the kids will love the beautifull beach and safe snorkelling. Also, don't miss swimming with the Dolphins there...it's a must. We prebooked via the web and took a taxi from the port. (Much cheaper that the Cruise Tour) The ship does not offer the Swim programme, but by booking direct we were able to.

Grand Caymen was just a beautifull, however the Turtle Farm was disappointing as this seemed cruel and the turtles were in such cramped conditions, I felt quite sorry for them.
Hell is OK for a post office.
Go to Turtle Beach and take Captain Vincent's boat out to the reef for some safe and terrific snorkel sights. He charges approx 20 dollars for the trip out to the reef and an hours snorkel, then he will drop you off at the cruise pier right next to your ship. He also picked fruit from the trees on the beach for us to eat, and explained all about the Island and it's history.

Ocho Rios, Don't take any notice of the Cruise lines advice on not going ashore unless with a tour. Rubbish!! The people were great and very obliging, we found a local who could not do enough for us, we went to Dolphin Cove and he bought us drinks all day long, and also picked fruits from the rain forrest for us, along with sugar cane and frozen coconut (at no cost) he also gave me a handfull of shells and corals as we left as a gift. (dead of course, don't stand on or touch the live corals)
We had a great day and it cost half the price of the cruise tour.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:09 PM

I VERY strongly disagree with the last post. I just went into the State Department website, and Jamaica is considered unsafe. Go in and read for yourselves to make a judgement. Travel agents in the U.S. generally give warnings as well. I have met Jamaicans as crew members that won't even go back now. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:45 AM

We are goin on our 5th cruise this July and dont worry the kids will love it. I just love the way my kids just have so much fun. They are 17, 12, and 4. You will just love it. One thing I can tell you is before you leave the ship go to the NY deli on board and get sandwiches and you will save alot of money that way, just bring some ziplog bags with you in your suitcase.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:31 AM
Banned

I was told that taking food off the ship into the U.S. will result in a $500.00 fine per item. We were told not to take anything that has been opened or any piece of fruit. At the ramp is a final chance to dispose of any food and the table was full. I don't know if I would want to take this risk.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:04 PM
I think what the food is your not suppose to take anything from islands, like fresh fruit an vegetables. but I could be wrong best to ask your ta to get an answer we took sandwiches and the like off when we went ashore so we did not have to spend money like for picnicing on beach.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cheaper, cruise, family, front, fun, game, gratuities, ideas, july, pay