Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Here's another update.

Carnival Liberty 9/6 departure from Miami: The ship will replace the scheduled Eastern Caribbean itinerary with visits to Grand Cayman (Mon.),
Cozumel (Tue.), Belize (Wed.) and Isla Roatan (Thur.)

Dwayne
Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Banned

Drove home Saturday....

we have a BLAST!!!

Goose and his team really stepped it up.

They have trivia going before we even had the Muster Drill.

They still had the Past Cruisers Party. Goose said he wanted to squeeze in everything that folks were expecting on a 5 day cruise.

Seas were smooth as a baby's bottom and the weather was BEAUTIFUL. Not even a hint that there had been a storm.

Embarkation was a bit of a mess. The ship did not get into port until 8:30AM .... and was late clearing Customs. This meant that instead of folks getting on all during the morning and afternoon....they were all there at one time to get on.

This meant standing outside for several hours and it was hot. (even though you are standing under a covered walkway).

Since we were staying at Harbor House right at the Pier...I walked over on Monday and talked with the Carnival Reps that they had handing out information sheets to anyone who had not heard it was postponed until Wednesday.

I met the neatest guy named Taco Bill. We are both old music "has beens". We swapped lies for about an hour. Anyway, Wednesday morning we got there about 11am. He knew there was a snafu, so he told us to go sit in the A/C where the passengers were coming out so that DJ would not get over heated. Then when they moved the first group inside to a holding area (before you go through Security)...he came and got us and took us up there. We were probably up there about an hour or so, before they opened the doors to let people start getting checked in.

Captain Donato was onboard. We had just sailed with him in May on the Legend...so that was neat.

Maitre D Gabriel was there. We had just sailed with him on the Imagination in January/February. He remembered us and handled DJ's seating needs for us.

We had never done a 3 day cruise before and had never done a cruise to nowhere....so it was neat to have that "experience".

Plus we checked off another ship....now we only have one Fantasy class that we have not sailed on. (Elation) Guess a trip to California is in our future!!! woo hoo
Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 AM

Welcome Back, LHP!!!!

I'm so glad to hear you made it alright, and the seas were calm. I kept looking at Galveston thinking of you. This is a great review of this experience. I'm glad they had the past cruiser's reception. I think I would have went ahead too. I asked several people about this, and they all said they would have done it as well. Can't beat the price reduction and the future discount, or this new experience. Did you get to sing? !!!

Dwayne
Old 09-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Welcome Back, LHP!!!!

I'm so glad to hear you made it alright, and the seas were calm. I kept looking at Galveston thinking of you. This is a great review of this experience. I'm glad they had the past cruiser's reception. I think I would have went ahead too. I asked several people about this, and they all said they would have done it as well. Can't beat the price reduction and the future discount, or this new experience. Did you get to sing? !!!

Dwayne
Oh yeah....did I sing? We ROCKED!!! LOL

I did everything from Celine Dion's Titanic Song to Bruce Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark!

Aretha was the karaoke host. This was her last cruise and Joey was training to take over the next week. They were both EXCELLENT!!

On the second night, we had the entire back lounge PACKED!!!

It was a blast!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I did everything from Celine Dion's Titanic Song to Bruce Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark!
Both, favorite songs of mine. I would have been right up front cheering you on. And of course, stepping outside to smoke in between songs.

At the time you decided to do this I was concerned because of the uncertain path. I kept thinking, is she crazy or determined. After I thought about it some more, I realized quickly it was the determination. She know's what she's doing.

Dwayne
Old 09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Administrator

LHP, you are a true cruiser from whom several could take a few lessons. I knew you'd have a great time, and I am glad to hear the details.

You certainly have a varied repertoire. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Welcome home!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:
Both, favorite songs of mine. I would have been right up front cheering you on. And of course, stepping outside to smoke in between songs.

At the time you decided to do this I was concerned because of the uncertain path. I kept thinking, is she crazy or determined. After I thought about it some more, I realized quickly it was the determination. She know's what she's doing.

Dwayne

I hate to disappoint you, but it is the first one. Insanity runs on BOTH sides of my family.
Fortunately, being Southern...that is a source of PRIDE!!!

I just booked the Fantasy for January 5, 2009 using my 50% future discount. My PVP was able to apply it immediately. woo hoo....got to go with a Penthouse Suite...for the FIRST TIME!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
LHP, you are a true cruiser from whom several could take a few lessons. I knew you'd have a great time, and I am glad to hear the details.

You certainly have a varied repertoire. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Welcome home!
Yes we had a ball.

I also did

Mary Chapin Carpenter's Down At the Twist and Shout
KC and the Sunshine Bands Get Down Tonight
Doobie Brothers Listen To The Music
Rascal Flatts Bless the Broken Road and Life is a Highway
Faith Hill Like We Never Loved Before
and Glady Knights Midnight Train to Georgia

(which is the song I use on every cruise the last night to get ladies who have NEVER done karaoke to get up with me and be the Pips!!!)

Nothing like a little variety!! LOL

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, gustav, inspiration, itinerary, line, mexico, norwegian, progreso, progress, yucatan