Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 02:10 AM

Here are the itinerary changes so far due to Hurricane Gustav;

Carnival Conquest Sun., 8/24 departure from Galveston: The ship will visit Grand Cayman (Wed), Cozumel (Thur), Progreso (Fri)

Carnival Triumph Sun., 8/24 departure from Miami: The ship will visit Cozumel (Tue), Half Moon Cay (Fri), Nassau (Sat)

Carnival Ecstasy Thur., 8/28 departure from Galveston: The ship will visit Progreso, Yucatan (Sat)

Carnival Fantasy Thur., 8/28 departure from Mobile: The ship will visit Progreso, Yucatan (Sat)

Carnival Liberty Sat., 8/30 departure from Miami: The ship will visit the ports of call in reverse order Ocho Rios (Mon), Grand Cayman (Tue), Cozumel (Thur)

I realize most are past the sailing date, however they keep adding to the list.

Here is a direct link for further updates and changes.

Dwayne
Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 PM

There is a new update involving Hanna now, and another due tomorrow morning at 10 AM. I'm sure this is getting tedious for everyone concerned.

Dwayne
Old 08-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Odd that they don't mention the Holiday but do mention the Fantasy, and both are in Mobile doing the same cruises.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:51 PM

Only thing I can figure is they didn't change it. The schedule was for it to leave yesterday and a "fun day at sea" before going to Progreso tomorrow. I don't know how fun that day at sea is going to be.

Dwayne
Old 08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

I see a couple cruises will be giving their pax a bonus day at sea because of ports being closed.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

More updates from Carnival as of this afternoon. This is getting complicated as it involves shortened cruises and partial refunds for certain sailings. I know we have at least two Members on these cruises.

Itineraries currently in progress:

Carnival Ecstasy Thur., 8/28 departure from Galveston visited Progresso yesterday, and will return to Galveston on Wednesday, September 3 as the Port of Galveston is closed due to Hurricane Gustav (Note: This will impact the 9/1 cruise...see below)

Carnival FantasyThur., 8/28 departure from Mobile visited Progreso yesterday, and will return to Mobile on Wednesday, September 3 as the Port of Mobile is closed due to Hurricane Gustav (Note: This will impact the 9/1 cruise...see below)

Carnival Miracle Fri., 8/29 departure from New York is rerouted to Port Canaveral (Mon), Nassau (Tue) and Freeport (Wed) NOTE: Itinerary subsequently modified (Port Canaveral, Freeport, Newport RI). See further updates below. -LP 9/2/08

Carnival Inspiration Sat., 8/30 departure from Tampa is rerouted to Cozumel (Tue)

Carnival Glory Sat., 8/30 departure from Pt. Canaveral will cancel her call to Nassau (Sun) and visit the scheduled ports of St. Thomas (Tue) and St. Maarten (Wed)

Carnival Liberty Sat., 8/30 departure from Miami will visit the ports of call in reverse order Ocho Rios (Mon), Grand Cayman (Tue), Cozumel (Thur)

Today's departures:

Carnival Conquest Sun. 8/31 departure from Galveston will cancel her call to Montego Bay (Wed) and visit Progreso, Yucatan (Tue), Cozumel (Wed), and Grand Cayman (Thur)

Carnival Triumph Sun. 8/31 departure from Miamiwill cancel her call to Half Moon Cay (Mon) and visit the scheduled ports of call of St. Thomas (Wed), San Juan (Thur) and Grand Turk (Fri) NOTE: Itinerary subsequently modified, and she will not be making the call on Grand Turk on Friday. -LP 9/3/08

Carnival Legend Sun. 8/31 departure from Tampa will cancel her call to Grand Cayman (Tue) and visit Key West (Mon) and then call on the scheduled ports of Cozumel (Wed), Belize (Thur) and Isla Roatan (Fri)

Tomorrow's scheduled departures (this is where it gets interesting):

Carnival Fantasy Mon. 9/1 departure from Mobile will be changed from a 5-night cruise to a four-day cruise and will depart on Wednesday, September 3 returning on Sunday, September 7 . The four-day cruise will depart from Mobile at 4:00 PM on Wednesday and visit Cozumel on Friday (arrive 8:00 AM; depart 5:00 PM). Guests who sail will recieve a 25% refund of the cruise fare paid, and a 25% discount of a future 3- to 5-night Carnival cruise departing prior to December 15, 2009. Guests who cancel will receive a full refund and are asked to contact Carnival right away. NOTE: Departure time changed to 6:00 pm from Mobile on Sept. 3. See further updates below. -LP 9/2/08

Carnival Ecstasy Mon. 9/1 departure from Galveston will be changed from a 5-night cruise to a 3-night cruise-to-nowhere departing on Wednesday, September 3, returning on Saturday, September 6. The new three-day cruise will depart from Galveston at 4:00 PM on Wednesday. Guests who sail will receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid, and a 50% discount of a future 3- to 5-night Carnival cruise departing prior to December 15, 2009. Guests who cancel will receive a full refund and are asked to contact Carnival right away.

There are more caveats and details in the link IslandCruz provided earlier. Oddly, there is still no mention of Holiday.

Of course, our thoughts and prayers are with those living in the path of Gustav.

Edits made to incorporate subsequent changes.

LisaP
Old 08-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

We are sitting here in Galveston waiting for Wednesday.

This is our first visit to Galveston and this area and it is a neat little place.

We are currently staying at the Hampton Inn in Texas City, but are moving to the Harbor House for tomorrow and Tuesday.

We hope that folks stay safe. We will have a good time.

Carnival is selling some cabins for as low as $99 if someone wants to go on a cruise to nowhere and can get to Galveston by Wednesday...come sail with us!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Administrator

LHP,

Sorry to hear that your cruise has been affected by Gustav. I hope and pray that the damage from the storm isn't bad. A cruise to nowhere is still a cruise though, and I know you'll make the most of it.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:44 PM

LHP,

I'm glad you checked in. I was thinking of you today. Sorry about your cruise too. I hope all goes well, and you are singing soon. I'm sure you will have a good time. I hope and pray too Gustav calms down and the damage is not bad, and folks stay safe.

Dwayne
Old 09-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Administrator

One more change, announced by Carnival tonight at 7:00 pm EDT here.

Carnival Miracle will not visit Nassau tomorrow (Tuesday), as reported above. She will instead call on Freeport. The company is looking into providing what it is calling a "3rd port of call."

-LP

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, gustav, inspiration, itinerary, line, mexico, norwegian, progreso, progress, yucatan