Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2007, 10:36 AM

Do Carnival cruises offer Shrimp, Crablegs, and lobster on their buffets or would you have to pay extra to get seafood?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by "P":
Do Carnival cruises offer Shrimp, Crablegs, and lobster on their buffets or would you have to pay extra to get seafood?
The buffets will have seafood but not lobster or shrimp usually however, at the evening formal dinning realize that "prawns" are small shrimp. Get them every night if you want. The Lobster dinner night is good, but if you are accustomed to fresh Maine Lobster get the steak, you will be disappointed in the lobster. I imagine that folks from Chicago say the same about the steak because Chicago Steak is amoung the best. There will always be a seafood entree at dinner, and some ships Glory and Liberty at least have a Fish and Chips restraunt that has also a great fish chowder and oysters.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by "P":
Buffets may have shrimp but only as part of a recipe or perhaps fried shrimp. You won't find piles of boiled shrimp for example. And you will not see lobster or crab at a buffet. Actually I don't recall ever seeing crab legs on a Carnival cruise.

Carnival has many creative names for the shrimp in the dining room.....they throw the words "tiger", "prawn", and "shrimp" around quite liberally....as in tiger prawns and tiger shrimp....although they look the same...and it seems to be offered in one way or another every night. One formal night will have the lobster but it is not fresh - they use frozen lobster tails (as do most cruise lines). Growing up near fresh lobster, I have never really cared for the cruise ship variety and as CruiseDad notes I will get the steak. And of course you can get both if you wish.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 PM

Don't expect much in the way of seafood on the buffet lines except for the occasional salmon or tilapia.

On my last cruise on the Triumph, however, I was delightfully surprised by a delicious lobster bisque one night on the buffet line. It was outstanding.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:32 PM

I was just trying to remember which night the dining room served lobster tail. I think it was the second night. I'm sure it wasn't formal night. Can anyone enlighten me? I loooove lobster tail !
Lexy
Old 01-15-2007, 11:52 PM

It's been on the first formal night of all the Carnival cruises I've taken.
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07
Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 AM

I have experienced Lobster Tail on the first formal night on every Carnival Cruise I have been on. I do like the lobster, but I don't think it is Maine Lobster, I think it is Caribbean Lobster???? The shrimp in the dining room is very good. They have one thing on the menu having to do with fried shrimp and everytime we get them they are huge!
Dave is right about the crab legs...I love em, and I have never seen them on a Carnival Cruise.
Hope this helps

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, carnival, crab, cruise, legs, lexington, liberty, lines, lobster, sc, seafood, ships, shrimp, steak, tails