Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 AM

Your BIL must have misunderstood. He doesn't need a passport, but should get one anyway, BUT he DOES need a certified copy of his birth certificate or as LisaP said, he'll be waving good bye to you on the pier.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:37 AM

It makes no sense to me how someone will risk losing the cost of a cruise over a little bit of money. But yet, they would spend that same amount of money drinking or gambling. He needs a certified birth certificate!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
All of my travel partners are in the process of getting thier passports except my brother in law. He says Carnival told him he did not need one so he is not getting one. The same guy does not have a birth certificate. It will be in teresting to see what happens.
> IslandCruz shakes his head and at this!

Make sure to take his picture at the pier as the ship sails away without him and post it here when you get back. It's been said a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe with a picture of someone missing their cruise, the message will get through!

Passport or not, proper documentation of citizenship is required to board the ship. No refunds will be issued for those that don't have it.

Dwayne
Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
He says Carnival told him he did not need one so he is not getting one. The same guy does not have a birth certificate.
I would urge him, at the very least, to call Carnival again and ask what documentation he needs to get on the ship. Maybe he'll understand better the second time he hears it.

Sandy
Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 PM

I understand that he needs at least a Birth Certificate.My wife and I have had passports for years,it makes traveling alot easier.And yes I will be glad to take a pic as we sail off. But there is not anything this guy doesn't know so I am done talking to him about. Personally I can't wait to leave him at the pier.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM

It's your business, but I think everyone in your party should be encouraging him to at least get a birth certificate. If he is left at the pier most likely his wife will be there with him. Her vacation will be ruined even though she had the proper proof of citizenship. The rest of you will be thinking and talking about what happened the whole cruise, ruining your vacation. I don't think it's worth it just to be able to say "I told you so."
Old 04-30-2009, 01:45 PM

I don't know, if he were my hubby, I'd be waving bye-bye to him while sipping on a rum punch.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
I don't know, if he were my hubby, I'd be waving bye-bye to him while sipping on a rum punch.
And live with the consequences later huh?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I understand that he needs at least a Birth Certificate.
Very true. He needs to prove both citizenship and identity. This is unlike domestic air travel within the U.S., which may be what he is accustomed to. Sandy gave some good advice in that he should call Carnival again. Hopefully, he'll get the right answer this time.

Quote:
But there is not anything this guy doesn't know so I am done talking to him about. Personally I can't wait to leave him at the pier.
This made me laugh out loud. I know the type...

Seriously, I do hope you all can convince him.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:45 PM

There is not reason not to have a birth certificate period. You need that from time to time in life.

BTW if i was being left on the peir, my wife would sent me a postcard from all the ports

Closed Thread

Tags
card, cozumel, cruise, passport