Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Please set me straight. Are passports required to leave and re-enter this country? I have been told they were and now my sister in-law is going on a cruise and they say Carnival told them they do not need one. Who is correct?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Click here for current information.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 PM

Even if you are not required to have a passport on the cruise you are going on, it is a good idea to get one. If someone becomes ill or has an accident while on shore, you will need a passport to fly back to the USA. It always gives me peace of mind to know I have mine in case of an emergancy.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Daisy, you speak the truth. People need to stop their whining and moaning and simply get a passport...and I mean the book version and not the passport card. The passport card is a waste for most people since it is not valid for air transport.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:33 PM

I 100% totally agree. I came very close to missing the ship last year on Roatan. I didn't have a Passport and vowed never again!

Dwayne
Old 04-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Daisy, you speak the truth. People need to stop their whining and moaning and simply get a passport...and I mean the book version and not the passport card. The passport card is a waste for most people since it is not valid for air transport.
At least on HAL you can not pre register if you have a passport card, or whatever it is called. They are not setup to accept the cards numbers... go figure. Our friends are cruising with us in July and I guess they will have to wait until Vancouver to sign in.

People spend$$$$$ on a vacation and then worry about a few extra dollars for a passport.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 AM
passport cards are ok.but get a passport.who knows you may want to fly to foriegn country one day.its worth the extra $55.00 and it easier in ports

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-19-2009, 08:57 AM

Thank you for all the help. I now understand the passport question. I have one as does my wife so we really didn't know the correct answer. Thanks again VietVet
Old 04-29-2009, 08:15 AM

All of my travel partners are in the process of getting thier passports except my brother in law. He says Carnival told him he did not need one so he is not getting one. The same guy does not have a birth certificate. It will be in teresting to see what happens.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Not to sound crass, yet what will happen is that your brother-in-law will watch from the pier as you all wave good-bye to him from onboard the ship. Insurance will not cover this situation, either.

Let him know that the person checking him in at the pier will NOT be the same person to whom he spoke on the phone. The rules are very strict for boarding a cruise ship, and are governed by the State Department, not the cruise lines. (I know you know this -- this message is for him.)

Closed Thread

Tags
card, cozumel, cruise, passport