Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I've seen bartenders on ships cut people off, most recently on the Oasis.
I've seen them do it on Carnival as well. They are not going to lose their job over it, and who could blame them. A drunk lady practically sat down in my lap during breakfast on the lido deck once saying she was here to party and was looking for a man. It was within view of the lido deck bar (that wasn't even open) but the head bartender was setting it up. The bar tender noticed this and called security to come get her. She made her way down the line of tables bothering other people before security led her away. She must have been drinking something in the wee hours after the bars closed.

Dwayne
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Boneman:
I wish that Carnival was more like NCL in that they allowed us to purchase a 750ml bottle of rum at the beginning of the cruise. The cost was around $45-$50, but was a whole lot cheaper than buying individual drinks and we still had about a quarter bottle left over after the cruise. They had it waiting in our room with a bucket of ice when we boarded. I have asked Carnival about this and they don't offer this service.
There is a phone number you can call for the Bon Voyage department and order a bottle to be waiting in your cabin when you arrive.

You can NOT order it via the internet like other Bon Voyage items....you must call.

The phone number is

Bon Voyage – 800-522-7648
Price List as of 2/22/10
------------------------------------
Rums:
Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.
Malibu $55
Johnny Walker/Black $70
Jim Beam $38
Salsa Hornitas (Sp?) $60
Patron Silver $70
Jagermeister $60
Chambord $60
Limoncello $60

Beer:
Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75
Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 ounce bottle $4.95
Corona – 330ML - $4.95
Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I wish that Carnival was more like NCL in that they allowed us to purchase a 750ml bottle of rum at the beginning of the cruise. The cost was around $45-$50, but was a whole lot cheaper than buying individual drinks and we still had about a quarter bottle left over after the cruise. They had it waiting in our room with a bucket of ice when we boarded. I have asked Carnival about this and they don't offer this service.
Hey Boneman, They used to offer this service, but I'm not sure if they do any longer. You might want to try calling the Gifts and Services Department and ask. The number is;

1-800-522-7648 the hours are MON-FRI 9-5:30 EST.

It's been several years since I used the service, but if I recall it was on the pricey side. You can't always depend on what phone reps at Carnival tell you. Again, not sure if they still offer the service.

Dwayne
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 PM

I was still typing my reply after LHP posted and didn't see her reply.

Thank you LHP!

Dwayne
Old 04-28-2010, 07:53 AM

I may try to call them for our cruise in October. I did call them the first time we cruised with Carnival and they said they didn't offer it. Maybe it is offered by ship. Also, I don't think we should let the few ruin a good time for the majority. That's what's wrong with this country now, we let a few voices be heard over the multitude's. Okay, I will get off of my soapbox now.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:

I was still typing my reply after LHP posted and didn't see her reply.

Thank you LHP!

Dwayne
I know...you are just being a copycat!!!

I was faster because all I had to do was "cut and paste" from "the dark side"...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 PM

All I can say about that is; great minds think alike.

Dwayne

ps. Hope DJ loves the truck.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

All this fuss about alcohol. People complaining about the cost on board but will get off the ship and sit in some bar by the dock and pay the same price.

Was told about a bar that was a must go to in St Thomas. It was just little bar that was in a souvenir shop no other tables just the bar. My wife got a frozen drink and I decided to have a beer. Glad that I only had one. There was no menu. Got the tab and my beer was $6.00
Old 05-14-2010, 07:07 AM

Ouch! $6 for a beer? I have learned to ask first if I don't see a price. And you are correct in that the same people you see complaining about the cost of drinks on board are the same ones sitting in Senior Frogs paying nearly the same price.

Although I have seen some places that don't charge too much, they are not the norm. There was a beer "hut" in Roatan Honduras that was selling bottled beer for $1 or $2 each when we were there in September.. there was a long line!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Several years ago there was a open air bar in the center of the building at International Pier. I remember they sold icy cold bottles of beer for $2. Man, they were really cold too. What was odd is they rarely had more than a couple people sitting there. I guess people thought it was going to be a ripoff because of the location.

Closed Thread

Tags
bon, bringing, carnival, checked, crown, including, juan, liquor, luggage, menu, number, phone, royal, san, voyage, wine