Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:55 AM

If they don't have a menu, I always ask. I sometimes get a beer (or 2) on St Thomas at the outside bar in the alley beside Gladys's Café. The prices seem reasonable to me. Lots of locals stop there and it always makes for interesting conversation. I can't remember the name of the place.

Dwayne
Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
quote:
Originally posted by Boneman:
I wish that Carnival was more like NCL in that they allowed us to purchase a 750ml bottle of rum at the beginning of the cruise. The cost was around $45-$50, but was a whole lot cheaper than buying individual drinks and we still had about a quarter bottle left over after the cruise. They had it waiting in our room with a bucket of ice when we boarded. I have asked Carnival about this and they don't offer this service.
There is a phone number you can call for the Bon Voyage department and order a bottle to be waiting in your cabin when you arrive.

You can NOT order it via the internet like other Bon Voyage items....you must call.

The phone number is

Bon Voyage – 800-522-7648
Price List as of 2/22/10
------------------------------------
Rums:
Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.
Malibu $55
Johnny Walker/Black $70
Jim Beam $38
Salsa Hornitas (Sp?) $60
Patron Silver $70
Jagermeister $60
Chambord $60
Limoncello $60

Beer:
Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75
Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 ounce bottle $4.95
Corona – 330ML - $4.95
Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

THIS IS TRUE - you must call Carnival Bon Voyage Services at the 800 number given, 15 days before your departure. You can order 2 - 1 liter bottles per cabin!

I'll stop trying to get my booze on board in the suitcase!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 PM

Thanks, this is great to know!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:43 PM

Leaving on Carnival Victory July 4th, as a part of a large group. We have all called Bon Voyage Services at the 800 number and ordered our booze! The rum is a 1.14 liter bottle and the rest are 1 liter bottles. 2 bottle limit per cabin. Trust me none of our group will want for booze. AND remember you can bring a bottle of wine per adult on board in your carry on! I won't be putting booze in my suitcase anymore.....
Old 06-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Several years ago there was a open air bar in the center of the building at International Pier. I remember they sold icy cold bottles of beer for $2. Man, they were really cold too. What was odd is they rarely had more than a couple people sitting there. I guess people thought it was going to be a ripoff because of the location.
I always carry a can and bottle koozie and buy beer from the street vendors for either a $1 or $2 but we just had to got to that bar because of the recommendation. You know how it is, someone had the greatest time of their life and you just have to go there. In Belize the beer is either $3 of $4 from the side walk vendors. The other is I visit the stores where we bought a few watches and jewelry over the years and they are always willing to give me a drink of whatever I want. They remember us by our first names so we must have been a better than average customers.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:08 PM

I always take a few koozies too. I hate warm beer, and it doesn't take long on the lido deck for it to get that way. Especially now that they have the 16 oz plastic bottles instead of 12 oz cans. I need to buy a decent bottle koozie.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Wow, I had no idea that Carnival let you bring a bottle of wine on. If I go to board and I have one bottle and my husband has one bottle they defintely won't question it at all?

If that is the case, that is great! We are leaving on Victory in September out of San Juan. Since we live in the US, we would either have to safely transport the wine via plane to San Juan in our checked luggage before switching it over to our carry ons for the boat or would have to buy it down in San Juan before boarding...is that a possibility? I would hate to have a nice bottle of red wine smashed in my luggage perhaps white would be better

Has anyone had success with transporting wine in luggage that is checked?

Also, MizzGee...I think we are going on the same itinerary cruise just different months. Hope you have fun and tell me all about it!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator

One bottle of wine per adult (750ml) is allowed by Carnival at embarkation only. And it must be carried on. No wine is allowed in checked luggage.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:51 PM

Hi Dave,

I was planning on taking the wine out of the luggage and putting it into my carry on before getting on the ship however I am still unsure how I can get the wine down to San Juan. I would have to put it in my checked luggage on the plane because of the carry on liquid rules. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the wine arriving safely after being checked on an airplane and if so, how was it wrapped.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Is this a special vintage that you have to bring? I'd probably just find a shop in San Juan and buy it there. If you have bottles in bubble wrap for example, I have no doubt TSA will unwrap them when they screen the checked luggage. They'll rewrap them, but how well?

Closed Thread

Tags
bon, bringing, carnival, checked, crown, including, juan, liquor, luggage, menu, number, phone, royal, san, voyage, wine